Battle of Britain Memorial Flight 1:72 Airfix (A50182)

Julien

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight

1:72 Airfix (A50182)

spacer.png

The BBMF is an RAF Flight dedicated to preserving the history of the RAF. The flight based at RAF Coningsby comprises one Avro Lancaster, six Supermarine Spitfires and two Hawker Hurricanes. As well as these aircraft they have a Douglas Dakota and two de Havilland Chipmunks for training. The flight take part in many airshows and flypasrts for different events each year. 

The Kits 

Here Airfix are re-boxing their excellent new tool Lancaster B.III (A08013A), Spitfire PR.XIX (A02017), and Spitfire Mk.I/Mk.IIa (A02010).  Aslo included in the box is one of their black multi aircraft stand so the 3 models can be displayed together in flight.

Lancaster.

This is the new tool kit from 2012, the kit is a modern tooling with good detail and engraved panel lines. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spitfire PR.XIX

This is the new tool kit from 2009, the kit is a modern tooling with good detail and engraved panel lines. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spitfire Mk.I/Mk.IIa

This is the new tool kit from 2010, the kit is a modern tooling with good detail and engraved panel lines. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Decals

The sheet is a new one for this, this is produced by Cartograf so that guarantees all will be good.  Markings provided are for;

• Lancaster - 2019 Season. Port Side AR-L Leader W505 No.460 Sqn RAAF. Stbd side finished as VN-T No.50 Sqn RAF
  • Spitfire PR.XIX - PS915 No.81 Sqn RAF - RAF Kai Tak, Hong Kong 1951
  • Spitfire Mk.I/Mk.IIa - R6895 KL-B "KIWI III" F/O Deere. No.54 Sqn ARF. RAF Catterick Aug 1940

spacer.png

Conclusion

Its great to see Airfix Airfix releasing these kits aa a set, this will make a great gift idea. 

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of 

logo.gif
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I've got the Lincoln style rudders, can make the modified tailwheel & the dual control column & I have the decal sheet but where can we get the deeper radiators so that PA474 can be modelled accurately ?

Edited by XV104

Incredible contrast to the Revell BoB, which includes one new kit (the Ju-88), and three decades-old-kits with raised detail (Ju-87, Spitfire and Hurricane Mk. I).

Alex