1/1000 Polar Lights Star Trek The Wrath of Khan Diorama (USS Enterprise / USS Reliant)

Kit Manufacturer: Polar Lights
Scale: 1/1000
Paints Used: Tamiya LP/Vallejo
Paragraphix Photo Etch sets
Polar Lights Aztec decals sheet for Reliant

Hi guys, this is the final reveal of my Wrath of Khan diorama, I wanted to try and mimic the blue and pink colours that were present in the movie when the Enterprise entered the Mutara Nebula. I used some plastic right angle strip to create a frame and glued some 12v neon LED strip lights to the inside of the frames. The Enterprise and Reliant are powered by a pp3 9v battery under each base. I made up a Perspex shelf to hold the models and fixed a jack plug under the frame to power the strip lighting from a 12v wall socket power supply.

The camera does not really give a true representation of how the colours look, but in person, I am very pleased with the results. You could say it's my first wall mounted diorama. These are snap together kits and overall, well-engineered. I did have to cut off some fixing pegs to add the lighting and used glue in the final assembly. I can't say I used much of the photo etch sets as I found the brass was way too thick for the scale of these kits. I like adding decals, but avoid these kits if that's not your thing as there are loads of them to cut out and fit. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. "Live long and prosper!"

PJR9C5O.jpg
iDLazIk.jpg
TzxojFq.jpg
q5CHQaa.jpg
CstxOtI.jpg
XXIQSAz.jpg
0TcBZQh.jpg
QOd1tu3.jpg
sohyIRy.jpg
EwJ7l8f.jpg
SBYyGMW.jpg
uydYGoc.jpg
gYzezUO.jpg
uAp6fCA.jpg
PMxvj66.jpg
HiwIqnt.jpg
b8WIv0v.jpg
yuYNd3g.jpg
nsKzIOs.jpg
A4iYawJ.jpg
QRsvMlT.jpg
noJqsj9.jpg
ZrJThTg.jpg
b0pADzL.jpg
vrXRPy5.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely brilliant - really captures the famous scene in the film and I can almost hear Kirk scream 'KHAN!'

Regards

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1