New guy from the U.S.

Gantt

hello, new to the forum.    I've been out of the modeling loop for about 15 years.   used to build cars and a few airplanes until about 18 years old.   i recently started getting back into it, and looking to up the quality from the previous models.   we just moved to a new house, and i have a work shed in the yard i may use as a model work shop.     possibly the basement, really haven't decided which yet.    i have been researching on building a paint booth, i had one years back made from cardboard, looking to make high quality booth.   

Looking to get into airbrushing as well.  I'll be posting a thread for advise on that subject a little later.  

my interests include old American Muscle cars, and airplanes.    the later being a WW2 vintage for the most part, and vintage military jet aircraft.  

I figured to build a car that i am not too fond of to get my feet back under me.  

I'll have to psot a few pics later of some of my past models.    none are high quality, they are what passed as a top notch job for a 15 year old at the time.   none the less, i am very fond of them, even have a handful of my fathers models he built in the late 60's through mid 70's.   my favorites being a 1958 Corvette and a 1970 Bobby Allison NASCAR Monte Carlo in the gold Coca-Cola color scheme.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Welcome to the Forum, from West Central GA ;)

Lots of folks on here can steer you in the right direction... 

Have fun !!

Lee.

Great, Central Ga here.  Outside of Macon, Jones county to be exact

• Like 1

Hello Gantt... :post1: from a Yankee in Chicago. Though I did spend some time growing up in Florida (Tampa), Georgia(Ft.Benning), and North Carolina (Ft.Bragg/Army brat). I do love southern cooking when I can get it up this way. Im mostly an aircraft builder but do occasionally venture into other genre’s. Im mostly WW2 through current aircraft, however interwar and WW1 are growing on me. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...