21cm Werfer Granate transport boxes

TISO

So you're thinking that the metal tubes were packed into an outer container of some sort? which certainly seems logical.  Were the tubes perhaps just wrapped in wooden slats as with some other German ammunition natures?  Or were there wicker carriers for the tubes?  It is interesting that, as you say, no photos of nebelwerfers in action or in transit show any other container than the metal tubes.

I wondered if they might use the same box as something else, like the 21cm Morser 18/ Kanone 38 or naval Schnelladekanone used as railway and coastal artillery.  But these all had separate-loading ammunition so the sizes would be wrong.

I'm assuming that the Sd.Kfz 10 nebelkraftwagen had specific stowage for the tubes, but was of course not by any means the only tractor used.

I managed to find pic's of every german blo#dy nebelwerfer rocket container but not for rockets for 21cm nebelwerfer 42 rockets or aviation 21cm WgR (rockets were basicly the same).

My plan is to make a diorama with the 21cm Nebelwerfer 42 and Schatton rockets. Unfortunatly i only managed to get 4 of them and i need to improvise a bit by making the last one in transport container.

Thanks but i'm doing in KHM "the one true scale" i.e. 1/72. 

Just found photos of old Attack resin kit. They provided a couple of canisters. Basicly just a smooth metal tube with hinged top cover on one side. 

So i'll just improvise some. Thank you for the help anyway.

Edited by TISO