Jaguar XJR-9

1 hour ago, Escaflowne said:

Great work on this Xjr-9, beautiful 👍

The varnish is over decals please ?

Yes - Mr Hobby Topcoat. Purple is Zero Paints and I had meant to use Zero Paints lacquer but the Mr Hobby seemed to work OK.

That's a real gem, beautifully clean build and finish - I'm very impressed and not a little jealous of how well you've done the glass work, something I've really struggled with on my last three 24th builds for some reason!

Lovely little Jag!

Keith

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That's a real gem, beautifully clean build and finish - I'm very impressed and not a little jealous of how well you've done the glass work, something I've really struggled with on my last three 24th builds for some reason!

Lovely little Jag!

Keith

I managed to not drop this one, and lost no parts to the carpet monster either. That was until I went to put it in my display case. Whereupon somehow it rolled off and is now in several pieces. Luckily I took the photos beforehand and luckily all of the breaks are at joints (wing, splitter etc), but for now it's on the shelf of shame. It is my own fault - if I'd glued the wheels on (or at least one of them), it wouldn't have been able to roll in the first place!

• Sad 4

That is absolutely exquisite work, I swear your model is better detailed (and it's almost certainly better finished) than the real thing ;) 

Without the pencil for scale there is practically no way to tell how small it is, which makes the level of detail even more breath-taking.

But maybe your next project should be some 1/43rd scale wheel chocks to prevent further runaways ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This has been a fun build to watch and see completed, and as noted - the outcome considering the scale or not (thanks for showing the pencil) makes it all that much more remarkable - beautiful work!  Sorry to hear about the run in with the "pit wall" after the "race"....very frustrating.  Maybe once your blood pressure drops back to an acceptable level you can take it into the shop for repairs?  Anyway, looking forward to your next project

Nick

• Like 1

Have you tricked us all by photographing it next to a MASSIVE pencil? 😂.  
...That is truly excellent detailed modelling and finishing.

• Like 1