Packaging Policies...

Chief Cohiba

Guys, a bit late but definitely wanted to share and post this!

When I ordered the Merit Duck this summer, I've added your bunch of usually Eduard stuff and masks around it - and this is how it arrived:

40033730zm.jpg

Isn't that great? They all stuffed it in one box and wrote a small letter to it, reducing packaging material to the minimum with such a simple yet effective measure.

Now, this means it is not your usual eco-friendly blubber as any company segregates nowadays, but an actual and effective measure they take. Though this seems a small gesture, it nevertheless takes someone to open the box, but the stuff in, and at least invest a little bit of brainwork and manual labour. Say, this will take a minute; not much, but think they'll do it as a policy - which they do, otherwise there wouldn't be a preprinted sheet -  and you have an impressive number that Hannants invests to reduce the ecological footprint of our hobby.

That's a serious bunch of motivation for me, to order from them - just to add my 5 cent for the environment.

A seriously big 👍 from me on that!

• Like 5

I've had a few orders like that this year without the note and it looked like only half the order arrived until I started opening boxes! Presumably the reason for the notes.

It makes sense, a lot of kits have huge amounts of extra space in the box - see Miniart diorama accessories!

• Like 1

Yes, that's a common Hannants practice - even when there's room in the outer box they have a habit of packaging small items in a kit box, presumably this also cuts down on customers inadvertently binning these when eagerly disposing of any padding to get at the bigger goodies contained within!

• Like 2