"Five Ways? Room on top!" A Brummagem horse drawn buzz in 1/32nd scale

perdu

Base paint on everything so far

16286862219882137719054510717963.jpg

Vallejo paint just fell off the steel rims, try it again laters.

Getting ready to fenestrate the frames

16286889320283673234245223113148.jpg

Going to build the stairway to heaven soon.

16286890265597243663000775416990.jpg

Room for one upstairs, got yer own ladder have ya?

• Like 13

18 hours ago, perdu said:

Vallejo paint just fell off the steel rims, try it again laters.

I’ve only got one or two Vallejo acrylic paints, and a few Mig Ammo ones (that I’ve read are very similar).  They seem to spray and brush well in my numpty hands,  but neither seem at all durable to handling and I’ve taken to clear coating them ASAP.

Have to say (probably for the umpteenth time, but it bears repeating) that this is exceptional craftsmanship Bill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I think I am going to break out my Tamiya acrylics for the rims.

Here's me acting as if they really need to be resistant to rolling friction on their cobbled little street of patterned polycard.

🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

You are all too kind, I know my place but thank you all.

Things do proceed with glacial pace, no MMGW here, but there is real prospect in prospect of future getting on with it.

The roof is painted on top although tread strips under the feet of seated folks is not yet begun.

P1010402.jpg

I found copious mention, but with no pictures to rely on, of strap hanging down stairs so the brass rail has been installed under the ceiling, brackets made and straps hung...

P1010401.jpg

The other brackets on some of the roof ribs are for the bell chain to pass from rear to the driver's bell under his seat, after I add the chain (No it will not work a bell!) I can decorate the inside with KEEP YOUR FEET OFF THE OTHER SEAT type notices and a fare tariff sheet and add a final coat of inner dirty white Vallejo and grasp the nettle.

Not the staircase nettle, the other one, two hundred windows of various size and shape...

(Not two hundred, are you sure? Phew that's a load off me mind... Gadzooks!)

Your correspondent is still attempting to find a date for the adoption of Brummie Bus Blue livery, so far it is looking more likely that deep red or green will be specified for the date of service.

That will not happen to this bus, blue it is!

• Like 10

Very thoughtful of them to add a bell. Far less painful for the driver than a rap on the ankles with a cane!

She looks better with every update Bill, should be a cracker!

Do we get horses too? 🐎

Ian

Definitely a visual treat Bill.

:hmmm:Does one weather a Brummagem horse drawn buzz?  Did the locals have chewing gum to stick on convenient bits of bus seats in them days?  P'raps that was just a 1970's Essex thing...

• Haha 4

Top atmospherics in those last photos Bill - a real sense of presence about this vehicle now.

1 hour ago, Fritag said:

Did the locals have chewing gum to stick on convenient bits of bus seats in them days?

I'm seeing stout maidens cracking callow youths across the knuckles with their umbrellas at the attempted secretion of soggy plugs of chewing tobacco...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Riding up Broad St do I wonder whether the window signs "Soft Furnishings" in Lee Longlands window would have elicited cries of "I wish"

Roof Vallejo German Camo Brown, seating as down below Vallejo Chocolate Brown.

When these are fitted (bespoke attention to fitment will follow) and equipped with some livestock I expect they might look OK.

I am accumulating random passenger figures as we go, probably be eight or nine aboard plus crew and horses.

Steve some weathering is expected however BCT buses were often washed at end of shift, Tomo's dad could probably confirm that was the norm.

P1010004.jpg

Must go, bus is due at the end of the road in a few minutes.

• Like 8

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again. “I’m agog!” 🤤🤤🤤🤤That thar bus gets more stunning every time I look at it. Those upstairs seats look rather dangerous though, I’m happy to embrace today’s health and safety if that’s what went before. 😮

oh by the way here’s a little gift from Cornwall. I know it’s not the same but I saw it and thought of you.

51428016083_de856126c8_b.jpg

Cracking work Bill. 

Johnny. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

A man of your skills Bill. Easy peasy. 😜

Oi, button it buster.

She truly does not need any encouragement.

Although in a smaller scale it is actually quite likely.

One day/week/month/millennium...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3