"Five Ways? Room on top!" A Brummagem horse drawn buzz in 1/32nd scale

perdu

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

But they are in focus, must be before the pub visit.

Or after the pub visit!

(Sorry Bill I'll get me coat...........................)

Stay safe      Roger

• Haha 1

Enjoyed that, mmm.

Two pints of Corona then a follow up down the road at the Brewhouse, several gentle pints of ABK Hell.

Which is heaven.

This a.m. I had to take a few shots for the Kestrel/Hunter/Hart build but I thought this looks nice enough for a picture.

Yes Ian, tripod used....

P1010290.jpg

Don't tell anybody about that Dragonfly, I will see if I can't squeeze it into the Dragginfly thread later...

:whistle:  

🤞

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Gosh it's been a while.

P1010411.jpg

Some work on the side advertising happened and for now I am waiting for Albion alloys .8 brass tube and a suitably sized pack of connecto so the rails can be concocted.

Sorry the pictures are so dark, Mr Olympus told me his settings were optimum for the light available.

Not sure I believe him...

P1010412.jpg

Home brewed advertising placards of course

P1010415.jpg

The wheels need attention too, paint to retrim

P1010408.jpg

And of course, stairs.

Got to get these people on top of the bus

P1010414.jpg

Special request time, would you be kind enough to search your kit-space in case the chap in the middle's newspaper and hands have materialised amongst the stuff hidden deep in the carpet.

my carpet monster might have a swap arrangement with yours, who knows?

Of course without the newspaper the floosie reading his paper looks more like an evil lurker...

Something must be done.

• Like 15
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, perdu said:

Not sure I believe him...

I would. All that backlighting and reflection from the desk will be what Mr Olympus was seeing, I’m afraid.

Oh, and splendid buzziness. Very, very splendid indeed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

I would. All that backlighting and reflection from the desk will be what Mr Olympus was seeing, I’m afraid.

Oh, and splendid buzziness. Very, very splendid indeed.

Yes, always best to have the light behind you, not in front. Although that's not what my photographer boss says, when he's taking portraits of people. "That sun through your hair looks amazing!"

The passengers are looking fabulous! Fingers crossed the newspaper turns up 🤞  (Which is more than the newspaper reader can do)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Holding up progress at present?

I need to affix brass handrails to the structure but am slightly hung up on the best method.

My brass rod has appeared as has some Albion metals Connecto which doesn't do the trick on rod, an unforgivable mistook.   :(

I would like to get hints for items that can be used to replicate floor fittings as well as flattened ends which can look as if they were screwed to the structure.

I'm sure I have seen such stuff but I am beggared if I can think where I saw such things.

• Like 1

Wonderful work on those little geezers Bill. I’ll keep my mince pies out for some , News paper with phantom hands you say?  Hmmmm they’ll be around somewhere. BTW I’m planning on getting your wheels printed this weekend. Sorry it’s been a busy week back. 

Johnny.

Hi Bill,

Lovely little model and so full of character, the passengers especially. Reminds me of the ancient Revell Royal Mail Coach - had great fun trying to paint those as a kid. Loved those old informative instructions.  First time I found out what a whippletree was - not that I've ever used it in a conversation, but still................................

Dave

• Thanks 1

OK so it isnt a real 'The Birmingham Daily Gazette' newspaper but J Berkow Esq has to have something to grasp with his missing hands held out in such a pose and he wasn't cheap you know.

Yonder floosie also needs something to read over his shoulder, this is it, extemporised.

P1010013.jpg

If the real piece doesn't materialise this has to be it, sorry.

P1010015.jpg

I suppose I could have bought the rights to digitise the real pages of the newspaper and print it on paper thin enough to use here, but frankly only two little plastic figures would be able (as if) to read it anyway so grey lines it is.

P1010017.jpg

Sorry and all but it is what it...

Now to find 0.8 stanchion bases and wire up the top deck.

• Like 10

Thank you Ced and all.

MinorMajor setback.

My OCD has struck again.

All the top deck seats have been cruelly excised because I couldnt stand the inconsitencies between each different seat.

I have begun again trying to learn Fusion360 with the aim of having four left sided and three right sided seats moulded.

Now I have a goal, sadly I dont have much of a brain.

But hey that hasn't stopped me yet

This is the plan maybe

• Like 9

Surely if they were hand made they would all be different?

No matter, it will bring the new world to light the old!

Ian

• Haha 2

Concentrated effort on Fusion 360 now, actually ordered a book to read and learn the actual program elements from.

Maybe get a clue.  :(

Arrives today from Mr Prime.

Alan, our own @hendie spent hours making me three sets of tutorials which did end up with me making the (Drawings only, no 3D printer unless I get it) Main rotor gearbox for a Wessex, funny enough I do have Wessexes in my first stash room...

But first, got to catch the bus.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Ooh, more printing. I just did a catch up and seem to have missed loads on this one. My apologies and I'll send more likes in a Jiffy bag.

Oh, yes, impressive stuff. Like the passengers too.

• Like 1

The missing hands!!!! Did they re materialise? Were they grasping a tiny drone claw?  😉. News paper wielding Gent looks suitably brilliant Bill, as do the others. They look really….. real. 😇🤔😀

good luck with the fusion. Lord knows what wonders will appear. 😀🧙‍♂️

Johnny

• Haha 2