"Five Ways? Room on top!" A Brummagem horse drawn buzz in 1/32nd scale

perdu

Are these bit rings?

Snaffles?

Compobolitangers?

I dunno but for now there's a bunch of them going to dangle by the horses mouths.

16672362876872843224686524461793.jpg

At the bits will come the reins.

I have placed buckles and bits onto the reins now and all six are ready to rock.

And and roll along Broad Street...

16672363949565307055462742269591.jpg

The bus is on schedule, but being delayed by wi-fi going out of service.

Ho hum...

• Like 9

I mentioned the goggles yesterday,  today I used them in a bid to improve the crew figures.

The drivers arms and hands were moulded to his legs.

No  chance of fitting reins in a bunch through the cr, er tight fitting gap there.

I had a pair of Airfix French cavalryman arms with the required appendages. 

16673981213991567401771953251247.jpg

Off came the Preiser arms and after a hefty scrape on went the French ones.

With a new apron added we are ready to add the reins to his left hand. 

16673984358373811977523149712948.jpg

He'll have his whip in the right hand.

• Like 14

I've been told that I just can't help myself.

Won't leave anything alone and am my own worst enemy (Nobody knows who that really is, but not me, OK!)

And its a bit trueish

This

16673981213991567401771953251247.jpg

Looks toy like, or simply like a model not like a Brummie Buzz.

It's too colourful and few of the live bus pictures I have seen are that plain and simple, many advertising local businesses.

So I had another go.

1667999793766397648439748050866.jpg

The pawnbroker has taken advertising on both sides of the bus.

16679998987802109710776821824106.jpg

New Street is very dirty, but at least the sweeper must have been to clear the hoss poo.

See you in a couple of days I hope, if not see you some other day.

• Like 15

Blimey Bill. Excuse the multitudinous “likes” over the past thirty minutes as I caught up on the buzz. Totally and utterly fantastic dear boy. I did like the red sign but I agree with your judgement.

The horses, the folk, the bus, broad street, everything is just spot on.  No need for road apples. (Oss poo) 🍎

Very much looking forward to seeing her up close on Saturday. Looks like I’m driving so booze is out of the question. I could always drink tea. 😉

Johnny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Totally and utterly fantastic dear boy. I did like the red sign but I agree with your judgement.

The horses, the folk, the bus, broad street, everything is just spot on.

I concur with Johnny here, Bill :clap: :clap: 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coming along very nicely Bill, reined you in has it? I see a Viscount lurking on the shelf above. Lovely aircraft. I had a trip from Johannesburg to Zimbabwe, Victoria Falls in one back in the mid eighties. Don't remember too much about the flight. I recently picked up the Airwaves 1/72 vac-formed kit. Looks good but a lot of work!

Colin

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just a small post script, the bus is finished after I changed the CBT&Co Ltd font on the sides.

I was fortunate enough for it to be winner of the first branch competition of the year on Sunday at the local club meeting.

Thank you all for your support during this long ride, I intend to get the model outside for photography then I will post in in RFI to close the journey.

Again thanks for being here folks.

👍

• Like 10

I must say I'm not surprised this won Bill having seen it's magnificence in the flesh. A worthy winner.

So I'm thinking what you could do with the old Airfix "Old Bill" bus. It would make a superb partner to the horse drawn. Right scale, lots of remedial probably needed, and its got your name all over it..... 🤔

Just saying...

T.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Right scale, lots of remedial probably needed, and its got your name all over it..... 🤔

Totally agree Terry

Congrats on the competition win Bill  greatly deserved

Stay safe          Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

I must say I'm not surprised this won Bill having seen it's magnificence in the flesh. A worthy winner.

So I'm thinking what you could do with the old Airfix "Old Bill" bus. It would make a superb partner to the horse drawn. Right scale, lots of remedial probably needed, and its got your name all over it..... 🤔

Just saying...

T.

Terry although I might have considered playing with it I know that young Tomo is mulling over ways and means in that vein, so I'll leave it to the lad.

He knows about these things ye know.

• Haha 2

On 09/11/2022 at 14:12, perdu said:

So I had another go.

Didn't  you though? And have to say I think your instincts were spot on Bill - bang! - suddenly that pulls the whole thing together. Joyous work to behold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1