"Five Ways? Room on top!" A Brummagem horse drawn buzz in 1/32nd scale

perdu

I was looking at this Christmas's gifts (This, with others from my son and family) when I finally realised that the 'Climate Change-rs' have ruthlessly wrecked my world.

Every year this is the time I begin culling the acetate from the gift wrappings to save for windows and canopies, this buzz will need thin flat pseudo-glass for instance, this is the gift packaging with this box of nice smellies.

P1010444.jpg

Never used it before so I was happy to find I rather like it but, acetate there was none.

Stiff cardboard of course but no clear window to hide the jars and bottles...

Oh well I had better buy some on the 'bay.

Anyway, this spoke distancing.

Been driving me potty but at last I have the first one to play with ready for its rim.

P1010445.jpg

That will do for me so I can get on with it, tomorrow.

'night all

• Like 13

Jeez who would have thunk it. Creativity from Excel. 🤣 absolutely pie chart tastic!!!!  Such a great idea and you’re putting it to very good use I see. The pin technique too. Fantastic . The springs are just sublime. I couldn’t go to sleep tonight without catching up with the buzz. Bravo Bill and thanks for all the tips.

Johnny. 🚌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

Jeez who would have thunk it. Creativity from Excel. 🤣 absolutely pie chart tastic!!!!  Such a great idea and you’re putting it to very good use I see. The pin technique too. Fantastic . The springs are just sublime. I couldn’t go to sleep tonight without catching up with the buzz. Bravo Bill and thanks for all the tips.

Johnny. 🚌

Well that is why we do WIPs Johnny.

I learn immense amounts from your, and the other guys threads and this is my payback.

Find out how to do 'oddball' stuff and pass it on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

St st st stages...

P1010446.jpg

There is some final placing stuff to do then the final spoking can be influenced by use of cyanofettling.

Look what rolled into town.

P1010447.jpg

The Excel spoke pattern former seems to have worked nicely.

Next

P1010448.jpg

Time to start number two, getting very tired of this though

Hurry up and finish

P1010450.jpg

• Like 9

On 19/01/2021 at 19:01, Tomoshenko said:

Lovely work on those wheels Bill. It occurred to me that post-lockdown you could start a side line in hand crafted artisan cocktail parasolletjes...

I don't suppose you would be in a position to supply the humungeous number of cocktail sticks we'd need @Tomoshenko?

It's not as if they grow on trees you know.

• Haha 6

Setting up the test fitting of the roof and internals.

16112541277056913106232071859191.jpg

Setting the true square of the box body.

16112541776961291472806800723644.jpg

And testing the roof fitment.

16112543650858608470928398830020.jpg

Now there's a fixed place I can begin fitting out the side walls, seats and roof sticks from.

The roof is also a floor so it will need floor protection strips similar but more of them, to the ones inside downstairs.

Wooden strips screwed to the floor of the walkway and across between each seat.

Lots of Evergreen or maybe at better prices back to Slater's for delivery.

Tomorrow's little job.

• Like 15

May I be permitted to present my apologies?  I seldom hang around in the vehicular areas of BM, especially since the gorgeous Hendiepullman was finished.  So I’ve only just found your bus, Bill.  Despite having a brother who works just round the corner from Snow Hill, I only really know Brum as seen from a narrow boat, too - but I know a bloomin’ good model when I see one.

”Hitler has missed the bus”.  Wasn’t he a Brummie, too (not Hitler - Chamberlain, obvs)?

Much characteristic Bill-skill being shown here - wheelwright, spring-wallah...

Lovely.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Typical blooming sailor, Jack Tar has to drive up in a boat to see his kid bruvver...

:)

I bet there wasn't much call for "ready about" climbing Hatton Locks Crisp.

Anyway I am glad you like it, thanks.

Dont fret, I am still fettling helicopters, The S-61N got a few more home made transfers this morning.

• Haha 4

On 19/01/2021 at 15:58, perdu said:

P1010450.jpg

There are times you just have to grin in admiration at the elegance of means on display in this forum.

This image encapsulates it all Bill.

(Glad the lathe has found its spiritual home too.. 😁)

• Thanks 1

Nice lathe ta Tony

Now we have a grimace inducing image or two

Very basic additions, thanks GGThin for the safe plastic handling qualities

No odour means no discontent from the gaffer later so here we have some minor additions to the interior, basic shapes for backrest cushions and the chassis structure for the 'platform'.

Alight with care please...

P1010455.jpg

The seat backs have been marked foir the positions of the buttons.

Yes it seems they need to be buttoned upholstery so now I have to work out whether it will be fabric, leather or some early version of leathercloth.

P1010456.jpg

The basic seat body structure has been carved out and  the rest will be softened when the button positions are drilled.

Yes I will have to button them, just because.

Research begins on municipal transport seating history, at least I won't have to do that for the wooden slatted seats upstairs.

And after making seven of them I expect to wish I had a 3D doohdah...

• Like 10