A New Office Decoration

wallyinoz

I take thousands of aircraft pictures each year, many really, really please me and I will watch an occasional slide show on my PC for my entertainment. There are many which merit being printed and framed but I have one I am really really fond of. Taken at the "Wave" Waddington Aircraft Viewing Enclosure Car park on one of the first days of Exercise Cobra Warrior in August 2019. The jets were taking off just as I parked the car..oh the noise! I raced to open the car boot, get out my camera bag and assembled the big lens to the body, ripped off the lens cap and fired away with what ever settings I had put in the camera at my last shoot... I was truely fortunate to get some good 'uns, For a while I have been toying with getting a really big print done.. I went ahead and did it ,at 100cm x 75cm the acrylic print is BIG. For the office on the wall above my desk:
50689810971_984ddd4969_b.jpg
50689891472_0a81747c2c_b.jpg

• Like 23

9 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Wow! Lovely image and who would believe it was England with that sky?

I have a large framed print of Spitfire IX MH434 in my dining room taken from a Classic Wings Dragon Rapidly from Duxford. 

I had a CP filter on that day, it had a magic effect in the light conditions present at the time

52 minutes ago, wallyinoz said:

I had a CP filter on that day, it had a magic effect in the light conditions present at the time

Cracking shot, anyone know what the dome is behind the canopy?

I've found that the CP Makes a massive difference to the sky, but also that you have to add compensation to the EV.

51 minutes ago, Greg B said:

I've found that the CP Makes a massive difference to the sky, but also that you have to add compensation to the EV.

Is the dome a satellite communications system perhaps? 

Great capture of a great exercise. You’ve captured it in great light and got there at the right time by the sounds of it. 
  Waddington is my local so it was nice to get some fast jet action back for an exercise. 

On 12/7/2020 at 8:14 AM, Greg B said:

I would take a guess that it is some sort of satellite data link gear...

Chris.