Curtis Hawk 75 Kit No 214

TonyW

Another Hawk from me.

This time it's going to be finished as shown on the black box edition, to compliment my earlier Hawk that's been finished as per the first issue of the kit. I like the idea of having built kits to sit alongside the different boxes.

Here's the kit. It's an early one, picked up cheap as one of the glass side windows is missing. An easy fix. The stand is going to be used on my Bloch 152 build, so nothing gets wasted.

20201205-130725.jpg

Here's the black box, with ochre used instead of the grey on the camouflage.

20201114-111059.jpg

And here's how things are progressing. A couple of other builds are getting done alongside this one.

20201206-094705.jpg

20201206-210246.jpg

• Like 6

You are certainly pulling your weight in this GB Tony 🙂 

Good luck with this one. Looks like you're moving in the right direction on the other builds as well. 

It seems nothing much happens here for ages Jeroen, then somehow things fall into place and rapid progress follows. I'm riding the wave at the moment! This week should see a whole lot of progress if I'm lucky.

Tony.

• Like 2

I'll add this picture in this thread, but it could equally be posted in a few others. Best avoid duplication and keep things tidy.

20201209-151016.jpg

This is the current state of affairs regarding my aircraft builds. All sat in hi build primer, all needing a bit of filler here and there but all close to proper paint. There's a few others bringing up the rear, but this lot can take the spotlight for a while. 

There's a Bloch 174 in there that has sneaked into the GB. It's clicked together very smoothly and fell in with the others like it belonged here. I'll start a catch up thread for it later, pictures have been taken, it's just me being a slacker with the posting.

The future is bright. The future is, er, yellow!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Leaving things right until the last minute, I've finally completed the Hawk. 

The build was going well, and the cammo pattern was looking fine to me. I got a bit of a fright when a clear coat I used attacked the paint and started reacting rather badly. It had to come off and the job begun again. This nearly ended the build, but I carried on only to loose MoJo afterwards. 

20201212-153608.jpg

20201214-143258.jpg

New paintwork cheered things up a bit...

20201212-152454.jpg

Decals went on well and using an acrylic clear the decals were sealed on and things were good to go. The clear darkened the finish a bit, but I liked the look. And that's how things have sat until now.

This evening saw the plane finished. A couple of gun barrels were busted during the wait, so they got replaced and two side glazing panels were made as the kit came to me without any. One panel that I made earlier got replaced as the fit wasn't the best. It looks OK now.

Here's the finished model, at last!

20210214_205118.jpg

20210214-205136.jpg

• Like 1