1/48 - Volvo TL-12 Startbil 954 support vehicle resin kit by Pilot Replicas - released

Homebee

Pilot Replicas is back and has just released a 1/48th Volvo TL-12 Startbil 954 support truck resin kit. 

Sources:

https://www.pilot-replicas.com/collections/resin-vehicles/products/volvo-tl-12-startbil-954

What could be better this Christmas for you who have been waiting a long time for our Volvo TL-12 start & tow truck. Now in stock in a limited first edition on the web shop, www.pilot-replicas.com
Super detailed resin kit of TL-12 in 1/48. Lots of nice resin parts mixed with photo-etched parts and lots of different interesting decal options from both the Swedish and Finnish Air Force.

Top quality resin kit in 1/48 scale.

The Volvo TL-12, or as it was called Startbil 954, was used in the Swedish Air Force from 1957 to the late 80s. In the front it has a powerful ESAB-DA8 generator for starting aircraft engines. The TL-12 was equipped with a inline 6 cylinder engine producing 115 hp. Volvo TL-12 was also used in the Finnish Air Force during their SAAB 35 Draken period. 

The kit comes with decals and photo etched parts to make a great scaled down replica.

129651927-2104195559711088-7307594696681

1-b5e3aa3b-e926-479a-8e1d-5836c8e60b65-1

Sans-titre.png

Frankly, I would have preferred the looong, looong time promised 1/48th Saab Sk.60/105 kit.  😉  link

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Homebee said:

Frankly, I would have preferred the looong, looong time promised 1/48th Saab Sk.60/105 kit

Yes, true, but every news item is ok as it hopefully leads the way quicker to the dearly expected injection molded items!

And like this truck!

My only grip with this one and the other two vehicles they have is the price. Yes, they are quality kits and been not that main stream, guess they have to recoup the cost expecting not to sell much of them, hence the high price... But nevertheless, still...:think:.

With regards to their aircrafts, top notch quality there. And yes, the Saab Sk.60/105 is "needed" in 1/48th scale...

• Like 1

The Volvo TL-12 is a very much wanted/needed ground handling vehicle for the Swedish Air Force Dioramas in 1/48.
It's great to see that arrive and that PR actually is releasing new stuff regardless of what it is.

I have no doubt in my mind that the SAAB 105 / Sk 60 will arrive in due course.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Volvo TL-12 Startbil 954 support vehicle resin kit by Pilot Replicas - released