1/48 Monogram F-4C, CA ANG

This is my Monogram Phantom in 1/48 scale. It took me quite some time to finish. Especially the intakes took quite some filling and sanding. It's more or less OOB, but I used a decal sheet from Caracal (ANG Phantoms) and an an-alq119 from the Italeri RF-4E kit. Paints I used were mainly Vallejo and Mig Ammo acrylics. Some oils for washing and weathering. When kit has raised panellines I use nail buffers to remove the paint from the panellines. 

O, and I added some RBF tags from Eduard and scratchbuilt rear-view mirrors and some other stuff for the cockpit. 

Hope you like my Spook.. Kind regards, Gerben

phantom4

Phantom5

phantom3

phantom2

Phantom1

• Like 54
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tonyot said:

Vey nice indeed and what a great choice of scheme too,

Cheers

Tony

I echo that too. Fantastic result especially with the panel lines, and great choice of scheme with the transition between SEA and low viz markings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful model and brings lots of fond memories. Really nice executed.

When I did mine eons ago, used the identifier letters for the decals in the same Monogram decal sheet, to compose my name in the cockpit sill of the plane as the pilot, and then named the plane as the girl I was trying to "conquer" those days...:laugh::laugh:... Unfortunately, didn't do much to enhance my chances with her...:sad:...:laugh:.

But the plane remained. 

Again, congrats for such beauty. 

Please, keep them coming.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jfgred1 said:

Beautiful model and brings lots of fond memories. Really nice executed.

When I did mine eons ago, used the identifier letters for the decals in the same Monogram decal sheet, to compose my name in the cockpit sill of the plane as the pilot, and then named the plane as the girl I was trying to "conquer" those days...:laugh::laugh:... Unfortunately, didn't do much to enhance my chances with her...:sad:...:laugh:.

But the plane remained. 

Again, congrats for such beauty. 

Please, keep them coming.

That's a good story! Curious about her name.. and thanx for the kind words!

15 hours ago, binbrook87 said:
20 hours ago, Scott Hemsley said:

That's a very interesting tip about the 'nail buffers'.  :)   I've plenty of older kits in the stash that would be perfect to try it on, as opposed to always scribing.

Scott

I echo that too. Fantastic result especially with the panel lines, and great choice of scheme with the transition between SEA and low viz markings

I love SEA and the wraparound looks the best imo, and it means less masking 😀. thanx for the compliments!

20 hours ago, Scott Hemsley said:

That's a very interesting tip about the 'nail buffers'.  :)   I've plenty of older kits in the stash that would be perfect to try it on, as opposed to always scribing.

Scott

Just make sure the model is molded in a dark colour, if not, use a dark primer 🙂

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

Great result!

Did  you do something special to the burner cans? They look fantastic!

:)

Thanks! I just used different shades of metallic Vallejo acrylics. And some polished metal pigment from MiG Ammo. Just apply with soft cloth and rub it in.. 

Excellent Phantom. I’m currently building Monogram’s 1/72 version of this kit, and sanded down all of the raised panel lines. Now, having seen your nail buffer results, I’m regretting my decision. 

• Thanks 1