CJ-6 Nanchang, 1/32 Trumpeter

Hi everyone,
I decided to lay out my extreme model from Trumpeter CJ-6 Nanchang on a scale of 1/32.
The model was made from a box, with some modifications. In the cockpit, he made some modifications to the structural elements on the sides of the instructor's cockpit, added tethering belts, fitted and installed a canopy visor on metal pins. There was a lot of work and alterations with the main and bow landing gear struts, the necessary wiring was added to them. Applied an imitation of riveting on the wing. All onboard lights are re-made of color acrylic.
Painted with Mr.Color paints, weathering - oil paints, chips to metal - watercolor pencil, satin and matte varnish, taking into account natural weathering..

1.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

• Like 27

A very nice rendition of a subject that is not seen very often. Some great touches e.g. the cockpit detailing, the general patina and the brightness of the oleos. You must have had to put a fair bit of weight into the front section to balance it on the undercarriage? 

非常好看!

That's super cool - what a great build.  I saw a few of these (I think) at airshows in Australia a while back. They're incredibly loud for such a little plane. I also wonder about the nose weight - I guess in the real thing the engine must be incredibly heavy!

14 hours ago, spruecutter said:

.......You must have had to put a fair bit of weight into the front section to balance it on the undercarriage? 

9 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

........I also wonder about the nose weight - I guess in the real thing the engine must be incredibly heavy!

Yes, the whole hood is covered with lead shot...

if someone is interested in my building, then you can see it here...

Edited by Doctorgaz

• 3 years later...