Junkers D.I

leyreynolds

There might be some photos or drawings in Windsock; only photos of Marine Freikorps planes I've seen are in Imrie's pictorial on the German Naval Air Service.  Most planes appear to be in their factory colors with no distinctive unit markings.  As to the D.1s, they could be in greyviolet (not purple!) and greygreen, or just green with the greybrown fuselage as per Roden's model instructions.  The naval aircraft photos are very difficult to interpret regarding colors, especially for those planes in more than two uppersurface colors like those used for ground attack and recon....So not much help I'm afraid!

On 06/12/2020 at 16:13, leyreynolds said:

Does anyone have details of Freikorps' use of this type in the Baltic states 1918-20 please, as well as colours/markings/photo's?

Wingnuts covered Friekorps use really quite well in their Junkers D.I model. You can (for the time being) see lots of photos and colour info on their website    http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3180spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1