New Boeing 727 kit?

TheyJammedKenny!

10 hours ago, Fazzman said:

I keep searching the 'net for that AIM HS Trident 3B but they allappear to have left this earth!!πŸ™„πŸ™„

Β 

Probably for the simple reason that not many were made, as common with vacform kits.

Β 

On 28/04/2022 at 09:17, Moggy said:

There are two IM kits of the 737 - Aurora and BKM.

Β 

Furthermore - there are several vacform/resin kits of the same; Welsh Models and AIM come to mind. Hm.. that's probably because I have them in my stash😜

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Heller 707 - Correct shapes (for the right mark) and easily built :)

Β 

Cheers, Moggy (all for transport aircraft in 1/72)

Don't suppose you have a trident in your collection Moggy?!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fazzman said:

Don't suppose you have a trident in your collection Moggy?!!

Unfortunately no... The Trident is a fine aircraft but outside my areas of interest; almost all of which are in military use.

Β 

Right now I'm working on a William Bros. C-46 in which I've cut open the cargo doors and constructed a detailed interior - a detailed cockpit is next.

Deployed flaps and exposed engines are to follow once the fuselage is complete :)

The original object is a C-46 used by the Israeli Air Force 1948-49.

Β 

Cheers, Moggy (difficult kit division)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Moggy said:

Unfortunately no... The Trident is a fine aircraft but outside my areas of interest; almost all of which are in military use.

Β 

Right now I'm working on a William Bros. C-46 in which I've cut open the cargo doors and constructed a detailed interior - a detailed cockpit is next.

Deployed flaps and exposed engines are to follow once the fuselage is complete :)

Β 

That's a shame, though I respect your military preferences. I must've made a whole squadron of Dambusters over the years, not to mention B-17s in addition to hundreds of others...Β  Your Williams Bros' C-46 sounds a joy. You certainly can't beat scratch building a decent interior to be viewed through those open doors! Sounds like a gem! One of my more giant scratch builds was to convert the old 1:32 Matchbox Venom into a Vampire. Luckily I used to work for the makers, so actual original blueprints weren't a problem! We also used to have three kites in my old training college so I spent hours photographing them inside and out to enable me to scratch new wings and super-detailing the cockpit and upward-hinged equipment bay down to the pipe clamps! Not sure whether my eyes would allow me to do that nowadays! Anyway, my quest for that AIM/Transport Wings 1:72 Trident 3b continues....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moggy said:

Β 

Β 

Do you have a build log ? Id quite like to see that.Β 

• Like 2

On 06/05/2022 at 07:05, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Do you have a build log ? Id quite like to see that.Β 

Β 

I have a few pictures; not much to show right now :)

Maybe I'll post them in the WIP section ;)

Β 

Cheers, Moggy

• Like 2