Italian Semovente M40-75/18

Carius

Hi all,

The basic kit is the well known Tamiya item 35294. The parts are excellent, well molded, have a perfect fit, and this all makes for an easy and quick assembly. So, I just needed to make a few improvements in the kit, using partially an old and simple set of photo-etchings from EDUARD catalog 35312 and a turned aluminum barrel from RB MODEL, 35B103.

I will added a resin sand armor set from PANZER ART, RE35-084, a new towing cable and many small pieces from spare box. I decided to change the new and good Tamiya’s M40 tracks by metal ones, from FRUILMODEL, ATL-18.  

Some progress afterwards...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Until now, several accessories have been added to the rear of the vehicle of different natures, such as wooden box, tarpaulins, wine bottles and others. As they are individual items, placed one by one, everything looks more natural than condensed resin accessories, although those available on the market are very good overall. I changed the jerrycans and the steel cable.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's all for now....

• Like 14

Hi Carius. That does look good. I really like the way that you've done the chipping on the upper hull, and the weathering on the lower hull. Up to your usual high standards, Great work.

John.

• 2 weeks later...