Swedish Air Force JA-37 Grey scheme

typhoon1

Nitpicking but.. The Swedish Air Force designation for the fighter-interceptor variant of the Saab 37 Viggen is JA 37, not JA-37.. ;)

I do not know about the Humbrol colours but seems like the others gave you the answer. Note that it is not the same greys as on the grey AJSF 37s nor the JAS 39 Gripens.  Mr Paint have some good matches too as well as Gunze  and if you are interested I can list them.

1 hour ago, Paramedic said:

Nitpicking but.. The Swedish Air Force designation for the fighter-interceptor variant of the Saab 37 Viggen is JA 37, not JA-37.. ;)

I do not know about the Humbrol colours but seems like the others gave you the answer. Note that it is not the same greys as on the grey AJSF 37s nor the JAS 39 Gripens.  Mr Paint have some good matches too as well as Gunze  and if you are interested I can list them.

Hi Paramedic,

If I may hi-jack this conversation, those Humbrol colors look pretty good but I sure would like to know what the Gunze and MRP paints would be!

Thanks,

WARDOG 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paramedic said:

Now you know how those of us in the states get when people forget to put the hyphen in US designations like one example F4F.  The poster was talking about the West German Phantoms.  Jennings Heiling replied that he didn't know that the Germans used Wildcats.  His attempt at humor did not go over well.

Later,

Dave

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WARDOG said:

If I may hi-jack this conversation, those Humbrol colors look pretty good but I sure would like to know what the Gunze and MRP paints would be!

Have you tried looking at the Sprue Brothers website?  They sell several hundred MRP colors and may have the required colors listed.  Also try Cybermodeler.  You may be able to find the MRP colors if the have the JA 37 there if they have it listed in their reference section.

Later,

Dave

22 hours ago, WARDOG said:

Hi Paramedic,

Thanks,

WARDOG 

Sure mate:

MRP-220 GREY 032 and MRP-221 DARK GREY 033. And for Gunze it is H-307 and H-338. That´s the greys used on grey JA 37s.Both look good to me.

17 hours ago, e8n2 said:

Now you know how those of us in the states get when people forget to put the hyphen in US designations like one example F4F.  The poster was talking about the West German Phantoms.  Jennings Heiling replied that he didn't know that the Germans used Wildcats.  His attempt at humor did not go over well.

Later,

Dave

Yeah I think I saw that. I thought it was a bit funny.. ;)  But I´m a bit weird, lol.

Cheers

You aren't the only weird one around here!;-)  Don't know why, but I do have a thing for Swedish aircraft.  Never made it over to Linköping, but want to do it one of these days.

Later,

Dave

• Like 1

Yeah the Flygvapenmuseum is nice. but it is not gonna be huge by american standards.. ;)  but if you are in the neighbourhood, pop in!

Are there any Viggens in the USA? I know there is a Tunnan in storage in.. Dayton, Ohio? Think that´s where it went. And you have the Drakens that used to (?) fly - but you guys don´t have a Viggen, do you?

Direct from Sweden, Mr Paint and Humbrol options. OK, the direct link to the product page didn't work so go to rebell.com, click on 'swedish stuff' and then 'swedish colors' and there's all you need. I've bought the Mr Paints from Rebell from the US with zero issues. 

Edited by the Siberian

21 hours ago, Paramedic said:

Yeah the Flygvapenmuseum is nice. but it is not gonna be huge by american standards.. ;)  but if you are in the neighbourhood, pop in!

Are there any Viggens in the USA? I know there is a Tunnan in storage in.. Dayton, Ohio? Think that´s where it went. And you have the Drakens that used to (?) fly - but you guys don´t have a Viggen, do you?

If there are any Viggens over here, I am not aware of where they might be.  A few years ago my late Dad and I were over at the Ontario airport in southern California and from the Yanks Air Museum you could look over the ramp and there were about four or five Drakens and a couple of Czech Albatross aircraft parked there.  Not sure if the Drakens are still flying or not, but there is a company that goes by the name Draken that was using them and surplus A-4s for aggressors against the Navy and Marines in the area.  I also noticed a Lansen at the at the Estrella Warbird Museum by Paso Robles in the central coastal region of California.  No engine but it was there!

Later,

Dave

Edited by e8n2
Added info about Lansen.

Yeah i recently found pics of that Lansen, never seen that before. looked good. :)

Yeah i do know about those Drakens. Read about them now and then, they are a mix of Swedish and Danish ones iirc and they had a few more and the estimated time to keep them flying with spares from the non flying (2 flying iirc) was "decades" someone said. Which I thought sounded weird but what do I know.

Made me curious now so I think I´ll see what i can find.

Sadly seems like there is no Viggen of any version in the US..

List of the saved ones (in Swedish but..)

Too bad, the Viggens are my fav SAABs..