Ma.K. FRIEDRICH Panzer Kampf Anzug F, Wave 1/20

My first Ma.K. model.

I’m not much into SciFi but as soon as I learned a bit about Maschinen Krieger I was absolutely captivated by the looks and aesthetic of the whole genre. To me is the perfect blend of SciFi and military history…a perfect “what if” sort of thing and especially the German WWII references were a total hook. The coolest thing was how smoothly everything flowed with this build. My approach was of total freedom and to use it for testing techniques I don't usually get to try while doing my aircrafts and battleships.

I had the greatest time assembling it and especially during the painting and weathering process. I absolutely loved this model!…so much that I will be surely doing more armour models (and other SciFi) for now on, cause they really give you the chance to explore and try lots of weathering techniques. 

I know there is plenty of room for improving and polishing some of the techniques, especially the chipping that turned out to be just ok.

Please any comments, criticism and tips are welcome!

lXUXViT.jpg

XZzUqqy.jpg

POyQSnB.jpg

jmJEpNH.jpg

1GNpnXq.jpg

nOMViWE.jpg

qLiXSNO.jpg

JMaLCPr.jpg

9t8p1EL.jpg

rJTLrtu.jpg

tvLe4rH.jpg

llZtlfk.jpg

VKFrFjS.jpg

qXf3WuR.jpg

cheers,

Jorge

Edited by JrivasK
Added tags
  • Like 12

Jorge, A fabulous Freidrich. It's hard to believe that it's your first kreiger.

You have just the right amount of rust and grunge on the suit.

And yes, it's great to have the freedom to do pretty much what you like with them.

I'll look forward to seeing more of your work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Jorge, A fabulous Freidrich. It's hard to believe that it's your first kreiger.

You have just the right amount of rust and grunge on the suit.

And yes, it's great to have the freedom to do pretty much what you like with them.

I'll look forward to seeing more of your work.

54 minutes ago, Stephen W said:

Fantastic work! I really do love the detail and you must be really proud of it! 

53 minutes ago, swralph said:

Excellent build and painting.😀

Thank you guys!. yeah I really enjoyed this build and I think it shows. It is not perfect by any means but been my first Ma.K. I'm very happy with the results and more importantly that has opened a new path into my modelling. 😀

• Like 2

I'm not familiar with this kind of models but yours looks awesome! Did you build it out of the box ? It gives me some  fallout 3 the videogame nostalgia 😁. My only minor critique is the grass Maybe you can cut and bend some blades of grass in a more irregular way. 

8 hours ago, moondrome said:

I'm not familiar with this kind of models but yours looks awesome! Did you build it out of the box ? It gives me some  fallout 3 the videogame nostalgia 😁. My only minor critique is the grass Maybe you can cut and bend some blades of grass in a more irregular way. 

Thank you!. I did it mostly out the box with some minor scratch elements and modifications...Thanks for the grass tip...you are right , it does need more variation 😉