Airtours MD-83 decals

Hi everyone. I’ve just got hold of a 1/144 Welsh models MD-83. It looks to be a nice kit and I can’t wait to get it started. However, I’d really like to finish it as an Airtours MD-83  in their early livery  as seen round about 1993.. does anyone know if anyone does readily available decals for this livery?

thanks in advance guys

mick

• Like 1

Hi Mick,

I've never seen any for sale, although I seem to recall seeing mention of a possible future release many, many years ago at the IPMS Nationals. I think there were also plans at the same time for a photo-etch set for the Welsh kit, which was the only MD-80 kit available back then. I remember that it planted a seed in my brain that I wanted to do an Airtours MD-83, but nothing more seemed to happen -unless anyone knows differently?

Dave

Abandoned project... thanks very much for the link, unfortunately it’s not the livery I’m looking for although it is close...

halcyon jet....thanks for the reply. It does seem strange that it’s possible to can some pretty obscure airline decals from all over the world but not this particular livery.. 

Brit jet... thanks also for the help.. pm sent

mick

• Thanks 1