AZ Models 1/72 DH Hornet PR.2

3 minutes ago, JamesP said:

Very smart. Did the PR2 ever have cameras fitted. If so where? Was it a similar arrangement to the FAA variant?

Spoke too soon. Read your WIP thread! Thanks for the camera information that is missing from the kit. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JamesP said:

Spoke too soon. Read your WIP thread! Thanks for the camera information that is missing from the kit. 

In all of the hundreds of documents and thousands of drawings, I only found two photos showing the PR2 camera installation. DH only made five of them, so it was a rare type. It never went into service due to it not offering enough of an advantage over the DH Mosquito PR versions. These were also plentiful in number already.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That looks fantastic David. You mentioned in the WiP you had got the PRU Blue in a spray can, whose/which variety was that?

Steve.

Hi Steve,

It's probably sacrilege to admit on here, but the PRU Blue is a 2k acrylic satin finish auto paint mixed to BS381c - 636 in a rattle can. Found through eBay. If you want a link to the UK seller I'll send you a pm.

4 minutes ago, David A Collins said:

Hi Steve,

It's probably sacrilege to admit on here, but the PRU Blue is a 2k acrylic satin finish auto paint mixed to BS381c - 636 in a rattle can. Found through eBay. If you want a link to the UK seller I'll send you a pm.

I doubt a UK seller would be able to send one too me but it is probably worth me checking out some of the local paint mixers to see if they can do BS381C & other range mixes. Thanks for the idea, I've not thought much beyond various silver finishes.

Steve.

• Like 1