Crusader Mk.III AA Tank (1/48)

jenko

This is the fantastic Tamiya kit. Really is shake and bake.  If you have modelling block  then I can fully recommend a Tamiya AFV in 1/48. They are a real joy to build. As I have said before I'm not really a figure painter, but from the other side of the room they look just about acceptable.

The one in the middle behind the turret is just like Tommy Cooper......  You can hear the conversation..... "How did you win the war?"..... " Just like that!!"

Thanks for looking

Please feel free to comment etc.

Cheers

Dick

DPP_60

DPP_61

DPP_63

DPP_64

DPP_62

Edited by jenko
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2020 at 3:41 PM, jenko said:

The one in the middle behind the turret is just like Tommy Cooper......  You can hear the conversation..... "How did you win the war?"..... " Just like that!!"

😄

Nice little model.

As a big fan of these Tamiya 1/48 jobbies I can only agree. I'm just finishing the little Austin Tilly as an antidote to the dreaded block. This is one I don't have in the stash, I made a horrible job of weathering a Crusader Mk1 that I keep glancing at contemplating stripping it. Kit lovely... paint job b**** awful.

This however is a lovely build and the figures look great. I don't think the Tamiya figures are terribly good (in contrast to their vehicles) but I have failed to find better figures in an appropriate scale, 28mm Wargames figures are too small at close to 1/56 scale and then we seem to jump to 54mm? Any suggestions gratefully received!

In terms of the prototype and the lack of Luftwaffe opposition in the skies above the western front, were these vehicles used offensively? I imagine the twin Oerlikon 20 mm canons would be pretty effective against "soft" ground targets?

Middle guy is saying "I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any." (original Tommy Cooper joke)

2 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

This however is a lovely build and the figures look great. I don't think the Tamiya figures are terribly good (in contrast to their vehicles) but I have failed to find better figures in an appropriate scale, 28mm Wargames figures are too small at close to 1/56 scale and then we seem to jump to 54mm? Any suggestions gratefully received!

In terms of the prototype and the lack of Luftwaffe opposition in the skies above the western front, were these vehicles used offensively? I imagine the twin Oerlikon 20 mm canons would be pretty effective against "soft" ground targets?

Have to agree about the figures. There are after market ones available but they are not cheap. CMK springs to mind.  (Try looking on Track 48 website). Just doing a Dingo at the moment (should I rephrase that??) and the figures are a lot bigger. Think they had their Wheatabix . :whistle:

Not sure how effective they were in combat. I have seen pic's with 3 or 4 in convoy. Hey..... it was in the stash and said build me.

Dick

• Like 1