No to "snow"

I’m fine with the changed header. It’s Christmas, after all. But pink hearts raining down my screen?

50679169382_7b75bcb882_b.jpg

No, thank you. I guess they’re supposed to be snowflakes, but if I can’t turn 'em off I’ll stop visiting until the new year.

(Yes, I’m having a bad day, thanks for asking ;) )

Definitely no to anything santa time, especially anything distractingly moving.

My whole dislike of santa time decorations is that they are universally tacky and tasteless. See current header example.

Off/on option would be fine for those that think such things are what is needed.

5 minutes ago, Paul821 said:

For me it's Ok in the header but it seems to leak onto other parts of the screen including footers - this might affect anyone using screen readers.

I just noticed that it screws with the footer on Firefox, so that if you scroll past it, you go into a scary "grey space" that is confusing and disconcerting.  Guess I'll have to switch it off 😢

• Thanks 1

It seems to have stopped snowing and a good thing to. You need to be aware that any sort of animation like this can be a real problem for this with certain types of dyslexia and other disorders.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bengalensis said:

I had that snow flake script blocked in my browsers since the years before, but it seems to have crept back... possibly with the forum updates? I will have to find it to block it again.

You're a bit slow, as I've already turned it off because it broke the formatting of the forum.  :)

• Like 1

To be honest Mike it was a bit flaky ................... Now you have turned it off , lets all sing......................

Thaw he's a jolly good fellow..........................

Dick

Edited by jenko
  • Haha 2