North American T-6

Grandboof

Hi All

The result of stash diving this T-6 . Marking yet to be chosen as the kit ones are suspect. Maybe a finisher to redeem 2020's shocker. Anyhow here it is . All parts accounted for

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Martin H

• Like 6

Nice one Martin, welcome to the GB, I've always liked this kit.

That yellow plastic is a fair match for the yellow used by the French in Algeria but it's a bit of a strain on the eyes!

Originally kit 079 from 1978, good luck with it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 10:09 AM, JOCKNEY said:

That T-6 looks terrific in that original yellow plastic.

Good luck

Cheers Pat

Makes it harder for the carpet monster . Anyhow Merry Christmas all . Just a small start. Not as much time available as planned . Border closure equals shrunken break shoud have a few days off so time will tell 

Some bits primed ready for some interior greening . I still haven't decided on markings but am leaning towards one from across the ditch . More soon callouts willing 

Thanks for looking 

Martin H 

spacer.png

• Like 4

Hi All 

Just a quick update . Spray gun played sort of nice . All bits that need to be interior green are . Detail will be basic just a tickle with a hairy stick here and there . Tape seat belts will be gently prodded into place as the seat legs don't look all the strong . The exhaust ring has shattered flying in all directions most never to be seen again.  The exhaust stub has been salvaged and is in place . Thanks for dropping by Apologies for the pic better ones next time 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grandboof said:

seat legs don't look all the strong .

You've got that bit right, guess how I know. ;) 

2 hours ago, Grandboof said:

The exhaust ring has shattered flying in all directions most never to be seen again.

pretty sure you've similar plastic to mine, very brittle, I managed to break the exhaust off but it has been OK once fixed.

Steve.

Hi All 

Thanks Steve I had it all downs to my bad handling . Pretty sure we have the same boxing . Marking will be for an NZ airframe I have a couple of options one silver with yellow trainer bands ( Late fifties I think) and standard RAF style roundels but will need to come up with a CFS badge for the fin . The other involves that dayglo orange colour with or without the red checkers . More net trolling coming up . The interior has been detailed as much as needed and seat belts fitted without breaking anything . The fuselage has been joined up without any major issues . More soon 

Martin H

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All 

First of all apologies for the lack of updates . A whole month . Any way the basic airframe is done but still yellow but not for long . The chosen aircraft is NZ1056 when it was an FAC aircraft with 19 Squadron RNZAF. Some interesting aerials to be attached . Plenty of sanding and filling to come . Thanks for looking 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 4

Hi All 

Not much of an update I'm afraid . Just fill sand repeat and a little surgery to remove the under wing hard points and radio aerial . The unwanted plastic has been removed since the pics were taken 

Martin H

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

Hi All 

Starting to look like T-6 . Just a few odds and ends and canopy to be added and masked before priming. The engine and cowls fitted ok despite the lack of exhaust ring 

Thanks for looking 

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 2

Hi All 

Deadline looming Maskol and primer on . Hopefully the canopy will be OK under the Maskol no missed patches . A few minor gabs filled ready for colour coat tomorrow. Hoping do avoid another non Finisher

Martin H

spacer.png

• Like 2