Matchbox Siskin IIIA

At last, here is my Matchbox 1/72 A.W. Siskin IIIA.

Decals courtesy of @72modeler

AW Siskin IIIA

Wheels were sourced from an SH A17 Nomad as I would never be able to paint the kit wheels and felt these looked far better either way. Now to sort the wheels on an Airfix Demon...

That's all for now,

Thanks all,

Tweener

• Like 20

6 hours ago, swralph said:

Nice one.😀

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Very nice looking Siskin.

Chris

3 hours ago, Homer said:

Very nice work 👏 

Thanks you three!

2 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

Love it , Oh for a 1.48th kit.  :rage:

I'm surprised the company that made the Flycatcher, Fury, and Bulldog in 48 didn't think of a Siskin while they were at it. Interwar types could really use some love in both scales - a mainstream 72 scale Hart would be excellent as I have no idea how builder friendly the Amodel kit happens to be.

3 hours ago, Vile Traveller said:

Nice to see one of the old Matchbox classics coming out of the box! I have fond memories of building this one in '81 or so.

I have to say, Matchbox really did get a lot of things right, even if they never quite fired the mad trencher... I have a few more of theirs on the list for sure.

• Like 3

Another vintage beauty. It´s good to see that they are still built with so much care and turn in such nice builds in spite of their age. I really love the old Matchbox 1/72 Kits. They covered a lot of planes in 1/72 scale that were not done by any other manufacturer. The Siskin, an important part of the history of the RAF in the interwar years, is only one of them.

1 hour ago, 112 Squadron said:

Another vintage beauty. It´s good to see that they are still built with so much care and turn in such nice builds in spite of their age. I really love the old Matchbox 1/72 Kits. They covered a lot of planes in 1/72 scale that were not done by any other manufacturer. The Siskin, an important part of the history of the RAF in the interwar years, is only one of them.

I'm still waiting for a modern Norseman or readily available Buckeye myself, but for now I'm happy to build some interwar biplanes as well. I hope another Siskin will eventually join the ranks in my display cabinet.