Humbrol 80 ‘grass green’ for a Soviet tank

phat trev

I have a can of Humbrol 80 grass green spray, hoping to use it to cover a 1/72 Matilda (Soviet). Not to fussed about using an exact match but wanting some help with deciding if this would be a good paint shade option. Of course I would be weathering the tank to finish which will darken the finish.  Any views would be appreciated, cheers

30 minutes ago, phat trev said:

I have a can of Humbrol 80 grass green spray, hoping to use it to cover a 1/72 Matilda (Soviet). Not to fussed about using an exact match but wanting some help with deciding if this would be a good paint shade option. Of course I would be weathering the tank to finish which will darken the finish.  Any views would be appreciated, cheers

The Soviets in general did not repaint Lend Lease equipment, tanks, planes etc. 

So, Matilda would stay in British delivery colours,  early deliveries were Khaki Green G.3, possibly with a disruptive pattern, later in SCC2 Brown, again, possibly with disruptive.

https://www.mafva.org/british-vehicle-camouflage-1939-45/?v=79cba1185463

Humbrol 80 is not a match for any British tank colour, or for Soviet 4BO green.   

A fuller better answer maybe available from @Mike Starmer @Bullbasket @Das Abteilung  

12 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

The Soviets in general did not repaint Lend Lease equipment, tanks, planes etc. 

So, Matilda would stay in British delivery colours,  early deliveries were Khaki Green G.3, possibly with a disruptive pattern, later in SCC2 Brown, again, possibly with disruptive.

https://www.mafva.org/british-vehicle-camouflage-1939-45/?v=79cba1185463

Humbrol 80 is not a match for any British tank colour, or for Soviet 4BO green.   

A fuller better answer maybe available from @Mike Starmer @Bullbasket @Das Abteilung  

Ok thanks for the knowledge :)

Edited by phat trev

• 1 month later...