Bristol Freighter 1/72 by FLY : Jersey Airport Diorama

LaurieS

8 hours ago, LaurieS said:

Hi Steve. Thanks for your comments.

Yes good here. Only bars, health fitness & cinemas closed. 35 cases population 110,000. 9 cases of which were made up of an idiot who came to the Island broke his lock in first night & went to a party with a lot of other idiots & sprayed the virus around. Unbelievable.. Although Jersey Funds will be increased as he has a £10,000 fine. Serves him right.

Pleased to here you are OK down there. Probably a lot warmer as well. 12 degrees at the moment.

Laurie

This has been our coolest summer for years. We are 650 to 700 meters above sea level in Goulburn but we usually average high 20's in summer. Today was 13 degrees, so we just beat you 😂

I'm just about to get back to the bench after moving house in mid January. I'm pleased things are OK in Jersey.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteveMc said:

This has been our coolest summer for years. We are 650 to 700 meters above sea level in Goulburn but we usually average high 20's in summer. Today was 13 degrees, so we just beat you 😂

I'm just about to get back to the bench after moving house in mid January. I'm pleased things are OK in Jersey.

Cheers

Steve

Jersey & BBC mets promise today 13 degrees. amazing as Aberdeen about 600 miles north is on  par. Glad resumption of model making is taking place Steve. Please let me know when you put your work on BritMod.

Laurie

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Great work with the fillet Laurie amazed they didn't include it in the box she's really coming together nicely well done 

Thanks for sharing

Eamonn

Thanks Eamon just going to prime the fuselage which will, certainly, determine how good my work has turned out.

Amazing on the decals page they show the Freighter with the fillet.

Laurie

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 13/02/2021 at 00:12, roc13 said:

The dorsal fin, or fillet, provides a degree of structural strength, but also provides more longitudinal stability,

easing the load and controllability to a degree, depending on rudder authority in the single engine regime.

Aesthetics don't come into it then.......I'm learning a lot from this build, thank you.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Charlie Keyes said:

Aesthetics don't come into it then.......I'm learning a lot from this build, thank you.

Thanks Charlie very nice & much appreciated. No doubt I have also learned a great deal from build topics. They have great information.

They take time to put together. There is an advantage you tend to be more cerful as your work is on view 😀 Also fascinating to see how others approach the stages of building.

Laurie