Bristol Freighter 1/72 by FLY : Jersey Airport Diorama

LaurieS

3 hours ago, SteveMc said:

Another good choice Laurie. I will look forward to following along.

I do so hope so Steve. I need a reprieve from filler & sandpaper.

Things not good here escalated from 40 Covid19 to 378 in 4 weeks  population 110,000. Goons in pubs & restaurants thinking it is all over.

Well it is as pubs & restaurants are now closed. Fools their own worst enemy.

Laurie

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, LaurieS said:

Things not good here escalated from 40 Covid19 to 378 in 4 weeks  population 110,000. Goons in pubs & restaurants thinking it is all over.

Well it is as pubs & restaurants are now closed. Fools their own worst enemy.

Laurie

Not good news on the covid front Laurie.

We have virtually beaten it here but all the state borders have re opened and there are great numbers of people flying and driving all over the country. There are also thousands of Aussies expected to fly in from overseas prior to Xmas. Pubs and restaurants are almost back to normal. There will be large sporting crowds. India are touring and test matches are coming up.

Unfortunately, with all this happening there is the potential for another outbreak. Hopefully it doesn't happen. 

Take care and cheers from Oz

Steve

• Like 1

This is a nice kit, Laurie, I built one in Aussie livery during the past troubles.......

One such similar Freighter featured prominently in a recent ABC TV series "Operation Buffalo", about the various tests at Woomera. If you get a chance, have a look at it if local TV stations pick it up.

A struggle to get the nose "point" level with, in the case of my model, black. white, dayglo and the blue decal, but I got there in the end. Don't envy you the job of painting that cheat line...........

Will be following, and despite your problems, I still NEED an AeroVan.........

Rog

• Like 1

Great one, Laurie, always a pleasure to see a classic in civil livery.

I got a couple of Fly kits, still unassembled, but they look better than the Mikr Mir flying egg we both have the displeasure to build.

We live in hope.

Tuning in for this one, as I like the old brick too.

Just in case, I would have the sandpaper handy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Now you are saying Mike !!!😄

Looking forward to this Laurie

Chris

Thanks Chris it will be interesting & larger than Humpety Dumpty :yahoo:

14 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

Laurie,

This is interesting .

I am looking forward  to your build.

:yahoo:

Thanks see how it goes 🤪

4 hours ago, roginoz said:

This is a nice kit, Laurie, I built one in Aussie livery during the past troubles.......

One such similar Freighter featured prominently in a recent ABC TV series "Operation Buffalo", about the various tests at Woomera. If you get a chance, have a look at it if local TV stations pick it up.

A struggle to get the nose "point" level with, in the case of my model, black. white, dayglo and the blue decal, but I got there in the end. Don't envy you the job of painting that cheat line...........

Will be following, and despite your problems, I still NEED an AeroVan.........

Rog

Rog you have me worried. Actually the Dakota I built was a little devil with the decals. On this I will airbrush 😬

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moa said:

Great one, Laurie, always a pleasure to see a classic in civil livery.

I got a couple of Fly kits, still unassembled, but they look better than the Mikr Mir flying egg we both have the displeasure to build.

We live in hope.

Tuning in for this one, as I like the old brick too.

Just in case, I would have the sandpaper handy.

See how we go more sandpaper on order & patience 😃

2 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Hi Laurie

hope you don't mind me tagging along to this build I've one in my stash going to do a Aer Lingus one so I'm going to pay real attention to how you get on.

regards

Eamonn

Tag along Eamonn. Ha ha do not look to close 😃

1 minute ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Oh, so nice, Laurie!  Dan Air has good colors.

Yes Alex along side the Dakota & Viscount should, hope, look good.

Laurie

PS just spilt a glass of cider on my keyboard. "Sad", but at least the keyboard is still working.

• Like 1

Yes Alex along side the Dakota & Viscount should, hope, look good.

Laurie

PS just spilt a glass of cider on my keyboard. "Sad", but at least the keyboard is still working.

Hi Laurie I love unusual subjects and I really look forward to seeing yours on to apron with all the others.

An absolute master 👍👍

Si

8 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Careful with drinking and modeling!  Helps steady the hands, but can lead to flights of whimsey, too.

Well the Viking is on its way Alex £31:50 including posts. Well pleased. Another glass of cider.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:  No no i said just one mates.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to this build. I have the kit with Canadian markings that flew out of Langar, Nottinghamshire in the late 60's early 60's and do relatively home turf. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr T said:

Looking forward to this build. I have the kit with Canadian markings that flew out of Langar, Nottinghamshire in the late 60's early 60's and do relatively home turf. 

Nice to have you along Mr T

5 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Looking this build too. Not too many civil planes here.

Yes Vesa I am so pleased I fell on the Jersey Diorama. So many civilian aircraft after 100% Military. A bit of fresh air.

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Be warned - the instrument panels that are printed in the instruction sheet (haven't seen that for a long time - shades of Airfix in the early '60s!) are about 150% the size they should be, i.e. far to big to go on the kit panel. I had a mate print a couple for me at the right size (well, he was doing a couple for his builds anyway), and there's one spare - pm me your address if you'd like it ... 

9 hours ago, SteveMc said:

Good to see you back on the job Laurie. Meticulous preparation as always.

All the best for 2021

Cheers

Thanks Steve. Just getting back into it. Plus Pauline & I have just had our first Covid Jab.

Happy life & model making for 2021 to you & your family.

Laurie (from rain lashed & windswept Jersey)

Edited by LaurieS
  • Like 2