Canadian GB Chat

zebra

• zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? Now at 31

Im sorry for not seeing this sooner.

Ive got Trackers, Starfighters, F-5s, Spits, A Thunderbolt, a Typhoon...I’m sorry for rambling.

Now count me in as it’s aboot god damn time.

Im sorry for that outburst.  Sorry.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beazer said:

Im sorry for not seeing this sooner.

Ive got Trackers, Starfighters, F-5s, Spits, A Thunderbolt, a Typhoon...I’m sorry for rambling.

Now count me in as it’s aboot god damn time.

Im sorry for that outburst.  Sorry.

How did I miss sorry out of the stereotypes??? You’re on the list!

• Haha 1

• zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? Now at 32
  • zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? Now at 33

I've just found out that some modern Chryslers and Dodges are built in Brampton, Ontario so if they qualify I'm in with either an AMT Chrysler 300C or a Revell Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee. If not I've got decals for a Canadian Cf-104 Starfighter. 

Edited by TimJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TimJ said:

I've just found out that some modern Chryslers and Dodges are built in Brampton, Ontario so if they qualify I'm in with either an AMT Chrysler 300C or a Revell Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee. If not I've got decals for a Canadian Cf-104 Starfighter. 

Don’t forget, the Dale Earnhardt edition Monte Carlos from around 2000 something. I think the last Crown Victorias to.

What’s the date range for this GB? I might missed it and the link somehow. I’m game for the group. I’m not offended by someone saying aboot in a fun way. No one actually does but it’s still fun. I have a KW wrecker and an MLVW I want to make. Well need to finish the KW.

• Like 1

@TimJ those cars would qualify 

@busnproplinerfan I hadn’t thought about a date range. Dawn of time to present day (or even future if you can think of something) from Canada or any predecessor territory within Canada’s present day borders works for me - ie anything from any time scale. If a dinosaur’s fossil was found in Canada it’s in!

• zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? Now at 35
12 hours ago, zebra said:

@TimJ those cars would qualify 

@busnproplinerfan I hadn’t thought about a date range. Dawn of time to present day (or even future if you can think of something) from Canada or any predecessor territory within Canada’s present day borders works for me - ie anything from any time scale. If a dinosaur’s fossil was found in Canada it’s in!

Do have a date range for the group to start and finish? I couldn’t find a thread for this this group build. My KW wrecker is already in a thread I started so it would likely be just the MLVW for this.

4 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Do have a date range for the group to start and finish? I couldn’t find a thread for this this group build. My KW wrecker is already in a thread I started so it would likely be just the MLVW for this.

It’s still just a proposal - we have enough sign-ups to get into the poll but it still needs to get through the poll next November 

• zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? Now at 37

Defiantly in!

I am going to build the Halifax my Grandfather flew as Nav on with 433 Squadron, 6 group, from Skipton-on-Swale.

He was a Brit, married to a Yank living on Rhode Island, they split up in early 1940 and he went North to join the RCAF.

Ended up being a Nav on Halifaxs.

Funnily enough at the end of the war he had to de-mob in Canada, then pay his own ticket back to England.  Rules is Rules!

So Halifax Mk.III BM-J of 433 from the Revell kit in 1/72 scale is my entry.

• Like 1

• zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? Now at 38
5 hours ago, At Sea said:

Defiantly in!

I am going to build the Halifax my Grandfather flew as Nav on with 433 Squadron, 6 group, from Skipton-on-Swale.

He was a Brit, married to a Yank living on Rhode Island, they split up in early 1940 and he went North to join the RCAF.

Ended up being a Nav on Halifaxs.

Funnily enough at the end of the war he had to de-mob in Canada, then pay his own ticket back to England.  Rules is Rules!

So Halifax Mk.III BM-J of 433 from the Revell kit in 1/72 scale is my entry.

Welcome aboard, you’re number 38. The Halifax is a great choice.

5 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

So yesterday Airfix promised us a 1/48 Chipmunk.

And I've got a 1/72 as well - I'm in.

Airfix-Chipmunk-Silver.jpg

Chipmunk will be a great choice and clearly qualifies. Might need to make one myself.

You're in at number 39.

• Thanks 1

• zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? Now at 39
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish a company would release a kit of a Red Barchetta.

If that doesn't happen by the time this group build starts I'll join with a GM Canada armoured car; Otter, or C15TA.

Thanks!

• Like 1