Canadian GB Chat

zebra

Hello Rich, did you obtain your Goblin for half price when Special Hobby had their sale?   I almost picked it up too, but already had an order shipped before the event.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG

3 hours ago, Richard Tucker said:

I've just got a CC&F Goblin Mk1 in the post today by Special Hobby, It doesn't win any prizes for looks but it Canadian. Count me in.

Which one are you doing? I may have a photo for you.

You could do this slider:

51416612825_5088f75054_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 2

• zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? now at 52
On 8/31/2021 at 5:35 PM, JackG said:

Hello Rich, did you obtain your Goblin for half price when Special Hobby had their sale?   I almost picked it up too, but already had an order shipped before the event.

regards,

Jack

I did. I got a great deal from them to be honest All credit to the Special Hobby / Azur spares / marketing department.

I needed a replacement canopy for my old Azur F-91 flying boat kit. The unbuilt kit has a yellow canopy :( I emailed Azur. They said speak to the parent company Special Hobby. I emailed them and they offered to press a new canopy for me for 5 Euros. Good deal I thought.... so I asked them if they had any spare decals for a Koolhoven Azur kit I have ( I bought the Spanish Civil war kit months ago but want now to build a ww2 version). They did have spares and suggested they'd wave the postage for the canopy and decals if I bought something from their 50% off sale. I got the Goblin reduced, a CAC Boomerang reduced and a bargain PZL P11 for 5 Euro. 10 days later I got the parcel with the 3 kits, the replacement canopy (in fact 6 canopies!) and the dutch ww2 Koolhoven decals :)

If anyone needs a Azur !/72 Fairchild F-91 canopy, I have a few spare :)

Edited by Richard Tucker
  • Like 3

On 8/31/2021 at 7:18 PM, dogsbody said:

Which one are you doing? I may have a photo for you.

You could do this slider:

51416612825_5088f75054_b.jpg

Chris

The photo above makes it look somewhat comical sat on its belly with the tail in the air.

The kit comes with decals for 338, 344 and 341. 344 looks to be the only one with a full canopy. The others just have a windscreen.

I have to say I'm not much looking forward to the 3 tone underside wing colours! 1 wing white, 1wing black, the rest of the underside Sky. That doesn't make it easy does it!

• Like 1

Having spent 22 years working for Air Canada I guess I should put my name down for this. Don’t normally sign up for GB’s as I’m useless at finishing

Would be in with RCAF CF104, CF5 or Hawk. Or one of those gorgeous CC109’s I remember seeing at LGW many moons ago 

SD

On 9/6/2021 at 8:28 PM, Swamp Donkey said:

Having spent 22 years working for Air Canada I guess I should put my name down for this. Don’t normally sign up for GB’s as I’m useless at finishing

Would be in with RCAF CF104, CF5 or Hawk. Or one of those gorgeous CC109’s I remember seeing at LGW many moons ago 

SD

You're on the list SD. A CC-109 would be great!

• zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? now at 53
1 hour ago, zebra said:

You're on the list SD. A CC-109 would be great!

If I can find one and decals to go along with it. Failing that, may consider another one of these, from the new(ish) Airfix Dak

51435394917_e89f7bdf1d_b.jpg

SD

• Like 2

Put me down for this one, please @zebra.

I will be one of those representing the floaty community in this GB and will build, or at the very least start(!), the Revell 1/144 Flower Class Corvette:

spacer.png

Ta muchly!

Dave

• Like 3

11 hours ago, davecov said:

Put me down for this one, please @zebra.

I will be one of those representing the floaty community in this GB and will build, or at the very least start(!), the Revell 1/144 Flower Class Corvette HMCS Snowberry:

spacer.png

Ta muchly!

Dave

Great choice, you're on the list!

• Like 2

• zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? now at 54

I would LOVE  to be added to this list if it's not too late, I am suere I can finish something!

Do these have to be fresh ish starts or can I finish models that have been lurking unloved on my workbench?

Cheers 

Gord

5 hours ago, Gordon Parker said:

I would LOVE  to be added to this list if it's not too late, I am suere I can finish something!

Do these have to be fresh ish starts or can I finish models that have been lurking unloved on my workbench?

Cheers 

Gord

Hi Gord, you're on the list. The general group build rule is that builds must be less than 25% complete at the start of the GB to be eligible to go in the GB gallery, but If you have something that's further along than that you're very welcome to share it with us in the GB, but not put it in the gallery at the end. Personally I'd be pretty flexible - within reason - on where the 25% line is drawn (it's very judgemental after all), particularly for an interesting Canadian subject!

• Like 1

• zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? now at 55
44 minutes ago, zebra said:

Hi Gord, you're on the list. The general group build rule is that builds must be less than 25% complete at the start of the GB to be eligible to go in the GB gallery, but If you have something that's further along than that you're very welcome to share it with us in the GB, but not put it in the gallery at the end. Personally I'd be pretty flexible - within reason - on where the 25% line is drawn (it's very judgemental after all), particularly for an interesting Canadian subject!

OK Great and thanks, I have a couple of things started in 2020 that will qualify then!

Cheers

Gord

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, psdavidson said:

If this counts (Canadarm. I know, it's a bit tenuous), I'm in.

p?i=4d04b8d4fc270d41b69a5d7d44836cd2

I like tenuous, tenuous is what you get when people think outside the box and come up with subjects we wouldn’t have thought of. Any model of a Shuttle that clearly features the Canadarm (nothing with it stowed and the doors shut!)  would work for me.  Maybe the astronaut could be Canadian too!

• Thanks 1

• zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? now at 56
  • 1 month later...

I'll start off by stating that I suck at finishing anything on a schedule...

But I do have a nice F/A-18+ and a set of Leading Edge decals for the very cool cougar tail art of 410 Squadron for the '93 airshow season.

So count me in. (I promise I'll do my best.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaceAddict said:

But I do have a nice F/A-18+ and a set of Leading Edge decals for the very cool cougar tail art of 410 Squadron for the '93 airshow season.

Have the same decals but I'm going with a Starfighter for my build. It will be nice to see how those decals work. 

7 hours ago, RaceAddict said:

Welcome aboard!

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Have the same decals but I'm going with a Starfighter for my build. It will be nice to see how those decals work.

If they're anywhere near as good as the Leading Edge decals I used for my Hornet earlier this year they'll work brilliantly! I've got a few Leading Edge sets to use including their Tiger Meet Hornet markings which I'll use in this GB if it gets through the bunfight, or the Hornet STGB if it doesn't.

• Thanks 1

• zebra changed the title to How aboot a Canadian GB, eh? now at 57
2 hours ago, zebra said:

Welcome aboard!

If they're anywhere near as good as the Leading Edge decals I used for my Hornet earlier this year they'll work brilliantly! I've got a few Leading Edge sets to use including their Tiger Meet Hornet markings which I'll use in this GB if it gets through the bunfight, or the Hornet STGB if it doesn't.

The two sets I have are both from Canuck and Leading edge. 

• zebra changed the title to Canadian GB - the early lead has slipped - time to poutine some effort and get out the vote!