Canadian GB Chat

zebra

aww, man,  why do all the good group builds have to happen at once ?

If it wasn't for the large advanced cancelled 1950s interceptor I was building in the Century Fignters

group build, I'd be having a go at a large advanced cancelled 1950s interceptor here.....

• Haha 2

I thought I had signed up for this one, but it seems that I, too, forget things before I've thought of them.  Or whatever happens in my diseased mind.  Count me in with a tiny 1/144 scale CF-18.  Or maybe a 1/350 Halifax Frigate.  I haven't decided yet.

Erik.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Why not build 'em both?  You know you want to!  :wicked: 

We've never met, Enzo, and yet you know me far, far too well...

• Haha 1

Just had a moment of inspiration. On the night of the 24/25 April 1945 a Canadian chap I knew, Russ Rivers, was in a Mossie that shot down an Arado 232. His log showed a Junkers 290 as he ‘didn’t know the Arado aircraft existed’. This was probably one of the last allied night fighter kills of WW2.

Would the Arado 232 be acceptable should I get my other two builds done promptly? 

Tenuous, I know ! 😊

15 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

Just had a moment of inspiration. On the night of the 24/25 April 1945 a Canadian chap I knew, Russ Rivers, was in a Mossie that shot down an Arado 232. His log showed a Junkers 290 as he ‘didn’t know the Arado aircraft existed’. This was probably one of the last allied night fighter kills of WW2.

Would the Arado 232 be acceptable should I get my other two builds done promptly? 

Tenuous, I know ! 😊

Why should it? Its a German aeroplane and not Canadian. Just because it was shot down by a Canuck. Sorry but I don't think it should be allowed.

I would have to agree with Paul.   The choice of the Arado 232 just does not fit in any of the GB criteria found on the first page.   If it were allowed, seeing a finished gallery full of Luftwaffe aircraft (that were shot down by Canadians), really wouldn't fit the spirit/theme here.   I think the only way you could do it is maybe as a dog fight double, that is also build the Mossie alongside it to create an air diorama.  Up to the moderator of course ...

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

Ok, no Arado 232. I have plenty of other third kits I could do 😊

"Atta" boy Can-Adrian!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I’m glad you laughed @Enzo Matrix, if I’d offended you I think you would have made me build my entire stash to atone. 

I think you should do that anyway!  :bleh: 

• Haha 2

I should begin with the Canadian memes.

Im going to go loonie with my 4, possibly 5 builds.  Need to get assistance from all the cobra chickens we’ve got up here.

• Like 1

Just been browsing across my "printed off" 22/23 group build calendar & realized I'm not in the list for this Canadian group build.

Please add me, will start a couple of threads very shortly.

Martin 

• Like 1

Happy Canada Day everyone! Time to get started with your builds - great to see we have two pages of build threads already. I'm on the other side of the world from my workbench but will be starting a build, jet lagged, next Sunday. Meanwhile I'll be following along with everyone's builds, which I'll have plenty of time for as I'm currently laid up with covid!

7 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Just been browsing across my "printed off" 22/23 group build calendar & realized I'm not in the list for this Canadian group build.

Please add me, will start a couple of threads very shortly.

Martin 

Welcome to the GB Martin!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

May it be a good day for all my Northern Neighbor's. 🇨🇦

This has got me thinking - do Canadians use American spellings? ie do the northern neighbors have southern neighbours or neighbors?

• Like 1

I simply have no idea what to build. I’ve had these Flight Colours decals for as long as I can remember - donkeys years. Suspect I’ll kick off with a CF-104 as I have plenty of Starfighters in the stash

52184763242_0b5d587390_b.jpg

SD

• Like 2