Canadian GB Chat

zebra

On 11/11/2021 at 7:08 AM, zebra said:

And out again!

I think our problem might be that Canadians are too nice to indulge in the traditional GB blood-letting!

And in again! We made it!

Now for a couple of requests - would anyone like to co-host please? And I think I need a new banner for my signature!

6 minutes ago, zebra said:

Now for a couple of requests - would anyone like to co-host please? 

Depending on the place in the calendar, put me down. I'm scouting for a kit to build as we speak 🙂 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Depending on the place in the calendar, put me down. I'm scouting for a kit to build as we speak 🙂 

Oh wait, you already asked to avoid the summer period, so everything else is fine with me as well. 

5 hours ago, zebra said:

And in again! We made it!

Now for a couple of requests - would anyone like to co-host please? And I think I need a new banner for my signature!

Was just thinking exactly that, now it's official, the banner needs replacement.  Did you want the current one reworked or something entirely new?

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

Hi Zebra. I only own one kit that was going to be suitable for this GB, but I thought I was going to be building it in the Leopard STGB. As we now sadly know, despite @modelling minion’s best efforts, the Leopard STGB didn’t get through the voting.

So, if it’s okay with you, can I please build it in this GB?:

51681402992_7fc84a2c26_b.jpg

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JackG said:

Was just thinking exactly that, now it's official, the banner needs replacement.  Did you want the current one reworked or something entirely new?

regards,

Jack

Thanks Jack, I really like the current one so that one reworked would be fantastic - perhaps we should wait until the dates are finalised though

45 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Zebra. I only own one kit that was going to be suitable for this GB, but I thought I was going to be building it in the Leopard STGB. As we now sadly know, despite @modelling minion’s best efforts, the Leopard STGB didn’t get through the voting.

So, if it’s okay with you, can I please build it in this GB?:

51681402992_7fc84a2c26_b.jpg

Kind regards,

Stix

Your Leopard will be very welcome!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

And one more; would you put the start/finish dates into the title of this thread please. It makes it a lot easier for newbies like me to keep track.

Will do, as soon as the dates are finalised. @Enzo Matrix has proposed dates that don’t work very well at all for me (and also I think for @JeroenS who has volunteered to co-host) so we’ll see if it can be moved.

if it can’t be moved we’ll probably need another volunteer for co-host - I’m expecting to be away at the tentative start date in July and then very busy at work through to the end of August - so it’ll need someone who’s available during that time. Any takers?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, zebra said:

Thanks Jack, I really like the current one so that one reworked would be fantastic - perhaps we should wait until the dates are finalised though

By current do you mean the original banner with the RCAF roundel, or the new one I have in my signature? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackG said:

By current do you mean the original banner with the RCAF roundel, or the new one I have in my signature? 

Sorry Jack, just waking up here, and was on my phone so couldn't see signatures.

The new one you've done is brilliant - lets go with that - although I'm hoping we'll be able to change the dates!

Many, many thanks for doing it

cheers

Julian

10 minutes ago, zebra said:

Sorry Jack, just waking up here, and was on my phone so couldn't see signatures.

The new one you've done is brilliant - lets go with that - although I'm hoping we'll be able to change the dates!

Many, many thanks for doing it

cheers

Julian

The summer doesn't work very well for me either. Let's see what happens, I'm still up for co-hosting no matter the dates, we'll just have to make it work somehow. But I imagine a swap can still be done. 

32 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

@zebra  There was some doubt about the dates for this GB.  Are the dates acceptable?  The reason I chose that date was that the GB will start on Canada Day. 

Thanks Enzo. Canada Day does make a lot of sense as a start date (I had no idea it was Canada Day - I have absolutely no connection to Canada, just thought it would be a good theme and fancied building a Chipmunk and a CF-104!).

I think we should take the dates we have, we'll make it work. Since my capacity to host it might be limited during the first half of the GB, and it's also not a great time for @JeroenS who has volunteered to co-host, perhaps a third co-host would be a good idea. Would anyone like to volunteer please? Might be nice if one of the hosts was actually Canadian!