Godnece mecha models

MrProd

Got back into modelling during Lockdown Vol 1 and have built several planes and a helicopter,. Fancy something a bit different and stumbled across this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/GODNECE-Mecha-Model-Kits-8cm/dp/B08149TQC2

Looks like a decent starting point for the addition of some details, an unusual paint job and loads of chipping and weathering.

Am I wrong?

I like the look of the Maschinen Krieger kits but they seem pricey and I don't know where to start with Gundam, so many of them look a bit too waspish and too much like they're wearing high heels. 

I wish someone made kits of the ABC Warriors from 2000AD. 1/6 scale Hammerstein would perfect.

I agree that kreiger kits are overpriced unless you can source them from Japan. But there's a new Customs thing coming up.

Which means that they will be taxed at source. Previously sometimes they were imported and customs missed them.

That's why I've been scratchbuilding them for some years now. More fun anyway. I agree about the Gundam too!

The one you've found looks a bit toylike to me. But could no doubt be modified.

Put robot model kits into ebay. Some interesting choices at about the same price.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/sbsAAOSwHbpfpJaa/s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAPANESE-ROBOT-MODEL-KIT-RARE-IRONFOOT-MIB-FROM-THE-DOUGRAM-SERIES/233801561586?hash=item366fa8b5f2:g:7l8AAOSww95fw9UB

https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/hVkAAOSwVhFfuqi6/s-l225.webp

https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/MvgAAOSwhKVfw92r/s-l225.webp         This one is a 1/20th kreiger at 25GBP

You can search SF3D or Kreiger or Maschinen Kreiger. All the same thing, but they get different results!

Cheers, Pete

17 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I agree that kreiger kits are overpriced unless you can source them from Japan. But there's a new Customs thing coming up.

Which means that they will be taxed at source. Previously sometimes they were imported and customs missed them.

What do you mean by this? Things will become more expensive to import from there?

On 12/2/2020 at 7:44 PM, TheVoidDragon said:

What do you mean by this? Things will become more expensive to import from there?

Not if  you keep them under 15 quid not including shipping *Just now*.

If I may be so bold to suggest something simple like the 1/35 MODEROID Outcast Brigade Exoframe you could probably get it cheaper abroad but not by much. They also have the 1/35 Moderoid USMC Exoframe. 

spacer.png

They are from an anime that can be found on Youtube Called Obsolete. Obsolete Anime

(Links are clickable)

Plenty of choices and cheapness when it comes to Gundam in 1/144th scale from the likes of HLJ and Hobbysearch. I am sure i posted some pics of kits here awhile ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilgrim_UK said:

on Youtube Called Obsolete.

Thanks for the link. It's a new one to me. Nice animation and some of the suit greeblies are easy to spot.

That has to be the quietest C-130 ever if you can hear a cellphone in flight!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Been looking at Frame Arms as well, but still a bit "spiky" in that gundam style. Got the godnece figure on its way, may have to buy the Gro?er Hund as well. 

I fancy a go at a Knight or Rook from Industria Mechanika but I'll need to have a fair bit more cash lying around before I can justify that sort of outlay.

The godnece thing is moulded from ABS plastic, will this be a problem for any regular modelling products ie liquid poly cement, mr surfacer, tamiya putty etc.

Ditto to the thanks @Pilgrim_UK for showing me this Obsolete series, had not heard of it before.

Some of the styling reminds me of Gasaraki, which i really enjoyed many years back, but any model kits for that universe are ridiculously priced! (quick check on ebay proves thats still the case even now!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's arrived early.

Box

In some ways it's better than expected, in others it's a bit naff.

Apart from anything else because it's push fit there are 'pegs' sticking out all over the place as attachment points for ancillaries. Nothing Mr Sprue cutter can't fix.

1st build

It's a starting point. 

Soon to be a work in progress.

• Like 2

On 24/12/2020 at 19:10, Pilgrim_UK said:

👍

Is it supposed to be the same as the one on the box or do you get options?

You can only build one kit but it has a range of parts. It has one core torso part where the human operator sits but you then choose whether to have the rest of the torso open (looks like a low rent version of the power loader from Aliens) or closed off like in my photo. There are two pairs of legs and multiple armaments, though these are very basic.

See the developments in the work in progress. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 11:43 AM, Kushan_Farsight said:

Some of the styling reminds me of Gasaraki, which i really enjoyed many years back, but any model kits for that universe are ridiculously priced! (quick check on ebay proves thats still the case even now!)

Yeah, anything Mecha that isn't Bandai are less likely to get any reprints (not to mention that even Bandai will not reprint everything as often, looking at you, HG AGE collection), so anything laying around become a rarity. It's a common thing you have to know of when you buy Japanese toys and models, "buy first; ask questions later".

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/12/2020 at 17:49, MrProd said:

The godnece thing is moulded from ABS plastic, will this be a problem for any regular modelling products ie liquid poly cement

Yes; you'll need Plastruct Plastic Weld, Tenax-7R if you can find any, or a cyanoacrylic glue to bond parts (other ABS cements may be available).