FM-2 Wildcat, USS Petrol Bay, Okinawa 1945, Arma Hobby, 1/72

Hello and thank you very much for joining this fantastic forum. Very briefly something about me before I come to the rollout: I am publisher of ZigarrenZone (cigar Blog in German language) and the online magazine FlashCigar.

After a break of about 8 years in model making I now find from time to time some time for model making.

Sorry for my English :)

My model presented here is the FM-2 Wildcat, 1/72 from Arma Hobby. It is a great kit. I mounted the windshield upside down.

I made the clouds from absorbent cotton, fixed them with hairspray and painted them with the airbrush. I put the airplane on a pencil and mounted it on the base plate. I hope you like my first model. Of course there are some things to make even better :)

spacer.png

FM-2-Wildcat_03.jpg

FM-2-Wildcat_04.jpg

FM-2-Wildcat_05.jpg

Brand new I have created a new social network: scalemodel.zone

Edited by Vasilij
  • Like 24

Nice Model. I like the way you displayed it within the coulds. I see from your post that you share two habits with me.  Building 1/72 planes and smoking cigars.  Your Wildcat will be perfect as soon as you fix the windscreen.  I wonder how that little mishap happened 🤔 Did you smoke a cigar while you were attaching the windscreen?😀

Edited by 112 Squadron

14 minutes ago, 112 Squadron said:

Nice Model. I like the way you displayed it within the coulds. I see from your post that you share two habits with me.  Building 1/72 planes and smoking cigars.  Your Wildcat will be perfect as soon as you fix the windscreen.  I wonder how that little mishap happened 🤔 Did you smoke a cigar while you were attaching the windscreen?😀

🤣 That's right, the smoke of the cigar clouded my vision. So I had the idea to let the model fly above the clouds. 🤣 It's great that you are also a cigar connoisseur. Great!