1/48th Airfix Blenheim Mk.If, 219 Sqn, RAF Catterick 1940.

41 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Thanks Kris,..... glad you like it mate, it is a superb kit mind you. 

You're welcome Tony - and I do like it very much.  This kit has been on my list of possible purchases for a while now and I think your build has just persuaded me even more.  I built the new Airfix 1/72 Blenheim MkIV and it was a cracking little kit so no doubt this is just as good.  Thanks for the inspiration Tony :thanks:

Kris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mackem01 said:

Beautiful finish, and great pics - both things I try to aspire too! Be a long time, if ever, I get to your standard.

Top job.

Thanks mate,.... and I`ve seen your stuff and you are selling yourself well short my friend.,.....  

Hi Tony,

Beautiful work as always.

I have fond and not so fond memories of RAF Catterick.

We were at a Summer Camp in RAF Leeming one year and they sent us out for the day to Catterick where this young cadet who was only 4' 10 " at the time had to go round the RAF Regiment Assault Course TWICE.

The second time round I slipped off the rope swing hit the sleeper walls and did my best Wile E. Coyote as I desperately tried to hold on to the top of the wall before falling to sink in the lovely mud in the bottom.

They made me do the thing again.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 1

You have done a wonderful job there, looks every inch the sleek war goer. I know what you mean about wanting to do some more, it is a real pleasure of a kit to build, and the cockpit looks wonderful under all that glass. Can't wait for you to start the next one.

Matt

• Like 1

Tony- another masterpiece! Love the markings and the scheme, and, of course, your choice of subject. Bet it was a snap and a labor (labour- UK version) of love compared to your current C-130 project! :worthy:

Mike

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Hi Tony,

Beautiful work as always.

I have fond and not so fond memories of RAF Catterick.

We were at a Summer Camp in RAF Leeming one year and they sent us out for the day to Catterick where this young cadet who was only 4' 10 " at the time had to go round the RAF Regiment Assault Course TWICE.

The second time round I slipped off the rope swing hit the sleeper walls and did my best Wile E. Coyote as I desperately tried to hold on to the top of the wall before falling to sink in the lovely mud in the bottom.

They made me do the thing again.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,..... you know the old saying,..... if you cannot take a joke and all that! 

12 hours ago, F-104 nut said:

That Blenhiem really turned out beautiful :)

Brian

Thanks Brian.

12 hours ago, Angell328 said:

You have done a wonderful job there, looks every inch the sleek war goer. I know what you mean about wanting to do some more, it is a real pleasure of a kit to build, and the cockpit looks wonderful under all that glass. Can't wait for you to start the next one.

Matt

Thanks Matt,..... yeah it is a lovely shape for sure. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your kit too,...... I`m already researching my second one! 

11 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Tony- another masterpiece! Love the markings and the scheme, and, of course, your choice of subject. Bet it was a snap and a labor (labour- UK version) of love compared to your current C-130 project! :worthy:

Mike

Thanks Mike,...... glad you like the colour scheme too, something a bit different! I`ve been building it on and off for a while now and while my Hercules is stalled while I rip the house apart looking for the Brengun flaps that I bought a year or so ago,.... I thought that I would get on and finish it off. The Hercules is actually a labour of love,..... I`m really enjoying it,..... so refined compared to the old Italeri kit.

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lovely work Tony, and great back story!:clap2:

Cheers Dunny,..... glad you enjoyed my ramblings too mate!

Thanks everybody,

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

That looks fabulous. I am deeply envious of the crispness to your canopy framing.

Thanks Tony,..... the canopy frames were just tidied up using a wooden cocktail stick.

4 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Another cracker, Tony.👏

Thanks Vinnie,.... very kind of you.

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

Just now, AliGauld said:

Aye They called it character building which I think was code for lets have some fun with the wee teuchter.

Great memories though.

Cheers,

Alistair

LOL,... I won`t tell you the tricks we used to play on young cadets,...... I`d be surprised if any of them actually joined up mind you!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter W said:

Great looking build Tony, top quality modelling. I really must dig mine out of the attic and get on with it.

Pete

Thanks Pete,.... it really is a lovely kit,..... lots of detail too,... hope you enjoy it.