New Tempest from SpecialHobby and Eduard in 1/72 scale.

gioca

"Tempesta v 1/72 bychom rádi udělali opět ve spolupráci se Special Hobby. " by Mr Sulc in a czec discussion forum.

Translated: SpecialHobby and Eduard are working on a Tempest in 72 scale.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon Gioca

Very good news

I hope that it will be released as fast as the Me 109 and that the work on this kit will not delay much firther the release of the Mirage Family kits that were  announced more than 2 years ago ...

Patrice

48 minutes ago, gioca said:

"Tempesta v 1/72 bychom rádi udělali opět ve spolupráci se Special Hobby. " by Mr Sulc in a czec discussion forum.

Translated: SpecialHobby and Eduard are working on a Tempest in 72 scale.

Just to be precise, the translation is "We would like to make Tempest with SH cooperation again" ... they are referring to successful cooperation with new Bf-109E 1/72. Mr.Sulc (Eduard CEO) did not say that that "Eduard are working on Tempest in 72 scale"...gioca translation is (unfortunately) misleading. Mr.Sulc as well mentioned that for another 2021 announcements we should wait till January newsletter....so stay tuned :-)

• Like 4

The coop. SH-Eduard seems O.K so the Tempest should be O.K. The coop Eduard-SH is more problematic.  Suffice to look at this 1/72 model they dare to call a Bf 109E. ! Why the hell did SH chose this Eduard model with all his faults is beyond my comprehension...Money I suppose....

Madcop

4 minutes ago, madcop said:

The coop. SH-Eduard seems O.K so the Tempest should be O.K. The coop Eduard-SH is more problematic.  Suffice to look at this 1/72 model they dare to call a Bf 109E. ! Why the hell did SH chose this Eduard model with all his faults is beyond my comprehension...Money I suppose....

Madcop

Well they claim the SH kit has been updated and is more accurate than the old Eduard E, but will just have to wait and see.

Ok, sorry for my misunderstanding but this "would" seems to have solid bases. The Tempest topic is going on and MrSulc has declared : "... What we're going to do is be the Tempest Mk.V, the Tempest Mk.II, and I reckon Fredy will add the Mk.VI to it, because he thinks it's an exciting plane that no modeler can be without. And it can be easily assembled from Mk.V and Mk.II, so OK, why not. And the lock. ". Interesting program. PS: the english translation comes from Google and I hope it's clear and without mistakes, not so many mistakes.  😉😃

• Like 1

I do hope they do a VI - my old mate Doug Sturgeon baled out of one- 25 Feb 1947 - 1 Ferry Unit from El Adem -  NX255 -  following engine failure off Benghazi over the Med and floated in the drink for a few days before being picked up. When he passed he left me his Caterpillar Badge 

Have to do a model in his memory

TT 

• Like 7

Lucky to have bailed out and survived.  There was a tale, somewhere, of a bail-out (I think from a Spitfire) where most of the parachute had been removed for the 'silk' in it ....

• Like 1

Quite so, but as he pointed out to me the one thing you never did in a Tempest V/VI or Tiffie was ditch! 

He was saved by a passing RN ship and was taken down to the wardroom after being seen by the MO. Not it must be remembered that the RAF and RN don’t always get on....the attending petty officer asked Doug what he would like to drink - he asked for a ‘black and tan’  (which I think is half stout and half mild). The steward poured it into an ice cold glass. Remember Doug had been floating in the drink for several days, then the Petty Officer grabbed it and downed it in front of Doug. Doug knocked him out with one punch and was then summoned to see the Captain! 

that was Douggie! He also flew Hornets, Mossies and the Whirlwind fighter with 263sqn. Top bloke much missed.

TT

• Like 9

• 5 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 8:34 AM, TEXANTOMCAT said:

I do hope they do a VI - my old mate Doug Sturgeon baled out of one- 25 Feb 1947 - 1 Ferry Unit from El Adem -  NX255 -  following engine failure off Benghazi over the Med and floated in the drink for a few days before being picked up. When he passed he left me his Caterpillar Badge 

Have to do a model in his memory

TT 

On 12/3/2020 at 2:17 PM, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Quite so, but as he pointed out to me the one thing you never did in a Tempest V/VI or Tiffie was ditch! 

He was saved by a passing RN ship and was taken down to the wardroom after being seen by the MO. Not it must be remembered that the RAF and RN don’t always get on....the attending petty officer asked Doug what he would like to drink - he asked for a ‘black and tan’  (which I think is half stout and half mild). The steward poured it into an ice cold glass. Remember Doug had been floating in the drink for several days, then the Petty Officer grabbed it and downed it in front of Doug. Doug knocked him out with one punch and was then summoned to see the Captain! 

that was Douggie! He also flew Hornets, Mossies and the Whirlwind fighter with 263sqn. Top bloke much missed.

TT

With a service record like his, we should all be doing tribute models - I hope you post an RFI if you go ahead with yours! Sounds like he was a pretty amazing guy.

John

• Thanks 1