Due to my fascination with the "Atomic era" I'd like to propose the following topic:

Anything powered by nuclear reactors or carrying nuclear payloads over air, land, sea and space.

What-ifs and fictional projects (i.e. Ford Nucleon, Sci-Fi) are welcome.

The List:

01. @Chrisj2003

02. @Ernie

03. @Adam Poultney

04. @Dansk

05. @desert falcon

06. @zebra

07. @bianfuxia

08. @exdraken

09. @Marlin

10. @At Sea

11. @dogsbody

12. @ArnoldAmbrose

13. @reini

Edited by Anatol Pigwa
  • Like 1

Count me in; either a USAF ADC interceptor with Genie missiles, or a NATO TAF bomber.

This could appeal to a lot of interests - V bombers + NATO v WP airforces + SSBNs + CVNs.

Chris

On 02/12/2020 at 21:00, Dansk said:

brilliant idea for a GB! its so encompassing. (maybe you dont need what ifs even)

I'm in with... maybe enola gay ...or perhaps an F-111

Great choices Dansk!

On 02/12/2020 at 22:52, desert falcon said:

Cool subject, sign me up please! (this is the third GB I sign up for tonight, got a feeling 2022 could be busy as well !!) 

Cheers, 

Johnny b (aka "Nuclear Nadal") 

Just remember to build them pointy, or else!

13 hours ago, zebra said:

Count me in. I'd probably build an FB-111 or something from NATO with a tactical nuclear strike role - maybe a CF-104

The F(B)-111 seems to be on a lot of people's mind (including my own) when it comes to this GB.

• Like 1

Hi.  :D

I'd like to play too. 

I have a MiG-21 SMT and a F-104G with nukes loaded planned for some future builds so I guess it'll be in 2022.

/Bosse 

• Like 1

I'm in!

Scratch built 1/48 B-36 Aerial Atomic Research Lab...

Just kidding.  Defiantly in, but either a V-Bomber or maybe a 1/35 Davy Crockett Jeep.

On 09/12/2020 at 03:13, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, I could probably find something suitable. You said whifs qualify? How about a nuclear capable trebuchet? 😁 Actually, I had submarines in mind. Regards, Jeff.

HMS Trebuchet? ;) But a trebuchet launching a nuclear grenade would surely be some kind of a model

• 5 weeks later...

Gidday, Yeah put me down with a nuke sub please. We can't have Bianfuxia supporting the naval side of this on his own. 🙂 (Apologies to any other naval candidate I missed.)

Regards, Jeff.

On 10/01/2021 at 10:41, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, Yeah put me down with a nuke sub please. We can't have Bianfuxia supporting the naval side of this on his own. 🙂 (Apologies to any other naval candidate I missed.)

Regards, Jeff.

Added! I recently saw a paper kit of the CGN Belknap. I might go down this route for this GB.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

My name's not on the list yet as it seems - feel free to add it :) It's an interesting subject for sure, would be awesome to see it happen. The GB, not the nukes... ;)

• Like 2

Welcome reini,

I am sure we don't want to see any nukes going of IRL, but they have been an important part of the last 75 years or so, and one has to remrmber ones history, otherwise he is deemed to repeat it.

• Like 1