DH-88 color serial number

Linus

Hello Folks,

from my old question about the color for the serial numbers on DH-88 G-ACSS  it was silver or white? , in KP kit the serial number are in silver!!!! so the KP kit is correct? last week I received the DH-88 Micro-Mir 1/48, but the serial number in this last kit are in white! Could it be that Airfix, SBS, and Micro Mir were all wrong color, and only KP made color correct? Thanks in advance at all .

linus

Afternoon @Linus, if you Google DH-88 Comet G-ACSS, 'CSP or 'CSR there are a number of (black and white) photo's available that were taken in 1934, but then you have to come to your own conclusion regarding the registration colours. While I'll not say KP got the colours wrong, I'd go with the majority and say white.

As the 'original' is with the Shuttleworth Collection, even after a number of rebuilds, but still flies with the registration in white.

As built, the individual aircraft, when the individual registrations and original dope was applied were:-

G-ACSP, 'Black Magic', race number 63, Gloss Black dope with a short cheat line, race oval across fin and rudder, Union flag on fin, name in script and registration applied in gold (NOT yellow).

G-ACSR, 'The Green 'Un', race number 19, Gloss Green dope, no cheat line, Union flag on fin with the race oval and registration in white.

G-ACSS, 'Grosvenor House', race number 34, Gloss Red dope, long cheat line, name in capitals, race oval and registration in white, no Union flag.

By no means 100% accurate, but a 'best guess' working from known information.

Paul 

Afternoon @Linus, se cerchi su Google DH-88 Comet G-ACSS, "CSP o" CSR ci sono un certo numero di foto (in bianco e nero) disponibili che sono state scattate nel 1934, ma poi devi giungere alla tua conclusione riguardo al colori di registrazione. Anche se non dirò che KP ha sbagliato i colori, sceglierei la maggioranza e direi il bianco.

Poiché l '"originale" è con la Collezione Shuttleworth, anche dopo una serie di ricostruzioni, ma vola ancora con la registrazione in bianco.

Come costruito, i singoli aeromobili, quando sono state applicate le registrazioni individuali e la droga originale erano: -

G-ACSP, 'Black Magic', numero di gara 63, Gloss Black dope con una breve cheat line, ovale da corsa su pinna e timone, bandiera dell'Unione sulla pinna, nome nella sceneggiatura e registrazione applicata in oro (NON giallo).

G-ACSR, 'The Green' Un ', numero di gara 19, Gloss Green dope, no cheat line, bandiera dell'Unione sulla pinna con l'ovale della corsa e la registrazione in bianco.

G-ACSS, 'Grosvenor House', numero di gara 34, Gloss Red dope, lunga cheat line, nome in maiuscolo, ovale da corsa e targa in bianco, nessuna bandiera dell'Unione.

Non è assolutamente accurato al 100%, ma è una "ipotesi migliore" che funziona da informazioni note.

Paolo

5 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Afternoon @Linus, if you Google DH-88 Comet G-ACSS, 'CSP or 'CSR there are a number of (black and white) photo's available that were taken in 1934, but then you have to come to your own conclusion regarding the registration colours. While I'll not say KP got the colours wrong, I'd go with the majority and say white.

As the 'original' is with the Shuttleworth Collection, even after a number of rebuilds, but still flies with the registration in white.

As built, the individual aircraft, when the individual registrations and original dope was applied were:-

G-ACSP, 'Black Magic', race number 63, Gloss Black dope with a short cheat line, race oval across fin and rudder, Union flag on fin, name in script and registration applied in gold (NOT yellow).

G-ACSR, 'The Green 'Un', race number 19, Gloss Green dope, no cheat line, Union flag on fin with the race oval and registration in white.

G-ACSS, 'Grosvenor House', race number 34, Gloss Red dope, long cheat line, name in capitals, race oval and registration in white, no Union flag.

By no means 100% accurate, but a 'best guess' working from known information.

Paul 

Afternoon @Linus, se cerchi su Google DH-88 Comet G-ACSS, "CSP o" CSR ci sono un certo numero di foto (in bianco e nero) disponibili che sono state scattate nel 1934, ma poi devi giungere alla tua conclusione riguardo al colori di registrazione. Anche se non dirò che KP ha sbagliato i colori, sceglierei la maggioranza e direi il bianco.

Poiché l '"originale" è con la Collezione Shuttleworth, anche dopo una serie di ricostruzioni, ma vola ancora con la registrazione in bianco.

Come costruito, i singoli aeromobili, quando sono state applicate le registrazioni individuali e la droga originale erano: -

G-ACSP, 'Black Magic', numero di gara 63, Gloss Black dope con una breve cheat line, ovale da corsa su pinna e timone, bandiera dell'Unione sulla pinna, nome nella sceneggiatura e registrazione applicata in oro (NON giallo).

G-ACSR, 'The Green' Un ', numero di gara 19, Gloss Green dope, no cheat line, bandiera dell'Unione sulla pinna con l'ovale della corsa e la registrazione in bianco.

G-ACSS, 'Grosvenor House', numero di gara 34, Gloss Red dope, lunga cheat line, nome in maiuscolo, ovale da corsa e targa in bianco, nessuna bandiera dell'Unione.

Non è assolutamente accurato al 100%, ma è una "ipotesi migliore" che funziona da informazioni note.

Paolo

Thank you PhoenixII,

I did as you said, I also consulted with a model maker friend, and we came to the same conclusion as you by examining many vintage photos the codes were white for G-ACSS and G-ACSR, while for G-ACSP they were gold. Thanks again

Linus