(Another) single engined Seasprite

matti64

Apologies  for the shaky start  that I have made with this posting, first being unable to  post the images, then losing them under the text. I'll start again... This is my  attempt  at building a single engined  Seasprite , a UH-2A from the  elderly Matchbox kit, inspired somewhat by corsaircorps  good start. The parts breakdown of the Matchbox kit makes it  much easier to work with that the Kittyhawk kits, but in truth  it is a project I have long considered way before the  Kittyhawk Seasprites were even a rumour. I have used the Kittyhawk kit for guidance regarding  detail and will be completing  that in due course as a New Zealand  Aircraft. I'd not posted  until reaching this point as I wanted to make sure that I had some definitive progress to show, but of course it took on a momentum of its' own.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by matti64
adding lost text
  • Like 2

spacer.png

DSC04048.jpg

Progress so far. This weekend I will be hoping to complete the undercarriage and the  surface detailing and get the cyclics and collectives into the cockpit. Possibly worth mentioning  is the filling. Where the radome was I've mostly filled in with plasticard lamination  but have done the fine filling with Acrylic powder and Acrylic/styrene monomer   both for  building up Acrylic nails. Inspired by Paul Budzick , but not having access to dental quality materials, I have tried out nail acrylics and have found that they are fast curing  and have  good adhesion and   no shrinkage. Wet sanded they can be dead smooth. The only downside is the Styrene monomer in the acrylic monomer liquid , which necessitates  working with very good ventilation.

Edited by matti64
completed text
  • Like 1

Mattie64,

Great start.NEAT work  so far.

Look forward to sering more.

:thumbsup:

Please update when you get a minute, as I'd love to see how it is going.

:clap:

I like New Zealand colors. I have family there.

(where haven't I gotten family!   :rofl2:   ).

3 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

Mattie64,

Great start.NEAT work  so far.

Look forward to sering more.

:thumbsup:

Please update when you get a minute, as I'd love to see how it is going.

:clap:

I like New Zealand colors. I have family there.

(where haven't I gotten family!   :rofl2:   ).

Thanks for your kind words. I will be building a New Zealand SH-2G , and hopefully at some point a US Navy Combat Rescue UH-2B in Camouflage, hence actually making a mould of the converted Doghouse.  I am very new to posting anything other than comments  on the forum, so apologies for any clumsiness, especially jumping in on corsaircorps  Seasprite thread, when I should have been posting here.