1/32 Meng/WnW Lancaster?

It's a disease

I’ve been out of the modelling game for a couple of years (family issues)

and since looking at the “scene” again I have discovered the (I think) awesome 1/32 Lancaster.

and I then discovered, WnW shut up shop......

and also that meng seem to have re popped a couple of WnW kits.......

indulge me! Will I be considering the Lancaster kit at any point in the near future?

i think the kit looks great and would sure like to drool over the sprues.

Meng has not “repopped” any WnW kits. Meng did the tooling for the Fokker Dr.I and when WnW went belly-up they worked out a deal to keep the molds and issue the kit. As far as we know, Meng was not responsible for any other WnW tooling so, if the Lancaster is going to be released (and we don’t know who has the molds or if they are complete), it will most likely not be by Meng.

• Like 1

Thanks for your knowledge!

i saw the demonstration model on WnW website and assumed it was a thing!

ww1 isn’t my thing but that lanc ticks a few boxes!

it seems a shame to simply cancel all of that effort, so I hope somebody sees potential in the kit and then brings it to fruition, I’ve no idea what’s involved at that level but I’m still curious...........

The Lanc was very close to being complete, as was the Handley-Page O/100. People actually got test shots of the O/100, from the production-ready molds, to build but the thinking is that the stressed-skin effect on the Lancaster was not finished when work was stopped. Ultimately, nobody really knows the status except the folks who worked on these projects at WnW and they aren’t saying anything because, presumably, there is an ironclad NDA that prevents them from doing so.

• Like 2