1/32 Bf109E White 13 'Another sortie done'

Hello all, this is my little attempt at another 109. I've been trying to expand my techniques with this one and a few of the experiments have worked pretty well.....i think?! 

For the first i have really gone down the post-shading route and add to that more oil paint weathering, i had always been disappointed with my oil weathering but i found the flaw in my technique....its wasnt done on a matt finish, so problem solved me thinks. 

Painted with Gunze Mr Colours paints and MRP matt varnish to finish, so let me know what you think on the weathering, did i get it to work better? 

4wcdIvDh.jpg

KiLd5SUh.jpg

HiBKXNmh.jpg

Jw8HuN6h.jpg

1ueO5fEh.jpg

bmvQOhbh.jpg

1l7maBkh.jpg

QGk8Ajoh.jpg

bqkoAZIh.jpg

• Like 42
  • Thanks 2

Hi ,

yes that’s it! The first pic looks like an original! The weathering on the fuselage looks perfect to me. The weathering on the wings is a little bit too much in my eyes. But that’s only my poor meaning. It is your model and I think you can be very proud. My own experience is , sometimes it is too less, sometimes too much and   sometimes it works.  On my latest finished 109 in 1/32 I tried trinity splatter from Uschi van der Rosten. Etched parts with splatter holes for airbrush and useful for pre-and post shading. Maybe you give it a try. 
hope you don’t mind my critics for the weathering on the wings.

all the best

Andy 

11 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi ,

yes that’s it! The first pic looks like an original! The weathering on the fuselage looks perfect to me. The weathering on the wings is a little bit too much in my eyes. But that’s only my poor meaning. It is your model and I think you can be very proud. My own experience is , sometimes it is too less, sometimes too much and   sometimes it works.  On my latest finished 109 in 1/32 I tried trinity splatter from Uschi van der Rosten. Etched parts with splatter holes for airbrush and useful for pre-and post shading. Maybe you give it a try. 
hope you don’t mind my critics for the weathering on the wings.

all the best

Andy 

No Andy, thank you for you comments as modelling is very subjective and people see others work in different ways. Like i said, its my first real dive into weathering so its great to get some constructive criticism that i can take forward on to the next few projects.  

Yes, a superb finish but I agree that the grid effect on the wings and tailplane spoils it a bit. Leave that out next time and you've got a show stopper!

Brilliantly done.  I tend to agree with the comments about the wing upper surfaces, but the technique is excellent nonetheless.  

Also - can't resist, sorry - is the pilot wearing the correct parachute..? ;) 

Impressive work! Especially the photography paired with the display base. Work like this really tempts me to create dioramas since the environment adds a lot of life. Always great to see a shining example like this!

-Nick

Oh my!!!!!  How did I miss this???  This is an absolutely beautiful work out art completed to perfection.  The level of accuracy and realism is without equal.  Simply impressive my friend!!!!!  :worthy:

Mike

Oh my!!!!!  How did I miss this???  This is an absolutely beautiful work of art completed to perfection.  The level of accuracy and realism is without equal.  Simply impressive my friend!!!!!  :worthy:

Mike

Oh my!!!!!  How did I miss this???  This is an absolutely beautiful work of art completed to perfection.  The level of accuracy and realism is without equal.  Simply impressive my friend!!!!!  :worthy:

Mike

Mike