Hobby Boss 1/48 Me262B-1a

My latest completion is the Hobby Boss 1/48 Me262B-1a. I wanted a relatively quick and straightforward build and this ticked all the boxes. The kit goes together very well however I decided to make things a little more complicated for myself by adding some extras by the way of Master Radar aerials, Aires resin wheels, Eduard Seatbelts from the spares box and some Xtradecal markings. I also got a paint mask made for the Red 12 (thanks to Paul Brown for that) as the kit decals were the wrong font and slightly out of register, I also had to scrape together the Wk Nr (which isn't in the right font but don't tell anyone).

Painted with Mr Paint lacquers, their interpretation of RLM76 is way off being too blue and too dark. I did try to adjust the colour by over spraying with a much lighter tone but it's still too blue to my eye.

All in all it was a fun build and one of their single seat Me262s will follow at some point soon.

IMG_8015_HEIC-L.jpg

IMG_8017_HEIC-L.jpg

IMG_8016_HEIC-L.jpg

IMG_8019_HEIC-L.jpg

IMG_8006_HEIC-L.jpg

Duncan B

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jfgred1 said:

Beautiful model and excellent job with those radar antennae. 

If you remember, which was the pressure setting on your airbrush for the fuselage mottling?. 

Please, keep them coming. 

I tend to leave the compressor alone so it'll have been at roughly 15PSI

Duncan B