1/48 Spitfire Mk.Va & Vb by Eduard - release in November 2021

caughtinthemiddle

I have 3 1/48 Airfix Spitfire Vbs stored that I bought cheaply from the RAf Museum before it 'changed'.  This may encourage me to do something with them in 2021.  I thought as well that the new Eduard Spitfire IIb kit released shortly/ now had the option of a round oil cooler that would allow you to make an early Vb.  

34 minutes ago, Stephen said:

They should have gone straight to the Vc. The Vb has been done to death and I say that as a Spitfire fan.

Couldn't agree more, I have more than enough Vb kits (as you say, it's been done to death - several times over!) and a load of decals for the Vc that I'm looking forward to using.....

• Like 1

Well I for one am happy the Mk Vc is on its way even though late.  My uncle was a fighter ace in WWII flying the Mustang but there are no decals for his Mustang but his first combat mount was the Spitfire Vc and I have the decals in the Classic Airframe kit to build it - but had hoped to see plastic from Eduard.  I can wait a year and am really looking forward to it.  I never preorder kits but this will have me break that rule.

• Like 1

I'm happy there will be an Eduard Vb, as well as the Vc.

The first kit I remember doing which actually looked like the box art and not like some kid's lash up was my 1:48 Airfix 'Queen Salote of Tonga LO-W' kit.  I have had a soft spot for that version ever since, and given the brilliance of the Mk.1 and the fact I have the Mk.2 kits on the way means that the complete Merlin family will be available in due course.  

Here is hoping for a 'Rhubarb & Circus' dual boxing Vb followed by a 'Malta & Oz' dual boxing later. 

• Like 2

Really enjoying their new Spitfire models, and curious to try some of the new 3d decals for the Mk.V. I haven't built a Mk.V for almost 20 years, it was the Tamiya 1/72!

Edited by Sound