Unbelievable paintwork, it’s absolutely immaculate. I wish mine came out like this!

• Like 1

This build is one of the best work in progress report I have seen ever. The aircraft looks awesome especially after the panel wash. The panel wash is my weak point especially wiping excessive wash off with turpentine.  I have ruined many builds during panel wash process. I tried oil, acrylic,  enamel and vallejo washes and all of them ended with disaster. Now I  am using only the aqua (water) colors which can be completely removed any time under the tap water...

Maybe I should give up to use Future/Pledge for gloss coat...

Serkan

• Like 1
On 3/20/2021 at 10:16 AM, David H said:

A finished model is only as good as its least-well-rendered-detail, IMHO.

Good observation! I agree and work hard to 'equalise' the rendering of detail on my models, or at least minimise the obviousness of my poorly handled details! Lovely progress by the way...

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Update from the Admiralty...

The main landing gear struts have been installed and are setting up. Tyre-brake assemblies not installed yet.

After a few harrowing moments, i managed to snap the nose wheel into place onto the fork axles. I trimmed down the axle ends that come out of the fork a bit, and fortunately the Airfix plastic had enough spring in it to bend, and not snap.

Scratched some paint off the sidewalls of the tyre, so there's a bit of repair work in progress.

I will post some pics, once i get her properly on her feet.

-d-

Edited by David H
  • Like 2