Ansaldo Brescia racer, converted Pegasus 1/72nd kit

Just now wandered into your RIF on this one, Claudio. Ho, hum- another little jewel that I had to Google to find out about; I have learned a lot more about golden age aircraft from reading your WIP's than I care to admit, but keep 'em coming! There's something about Ferrari red on a skinny little Italian racer! That skinny elongated rear fuselage looks like it got caught in a pasta press! Flawless workmanship, as per usual. :like:

Mike

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Just now wandered into your RIF on this one, Claudio. Ho, hum- another little jewel that I had to Google to find out about; I have learned a lot more about golden age aircraft from reading your WIP's than I care to admit, but keep 'em coming! There's something about Ferrari red on a skinny little Italian racer! That skinny elongated rear fuselage looks like it got caught in a pasta press! Flawless workmanship, as per usual. :like:

Mike

Thanks, Mike!

This one was a comparatively light project, after completing the more than a year-long build of the Vultee V-1 posted days ago.

I am partial to this relatively uncomplicated conversions, using an existing kit on the market that is a bit tired, and obtaining a more a peaceful and hopefully pleasant result.

Cheers

How can I not refer to this as yet another beauty, despite having to convince myself it's been made the wrong way up!

I figure it must be something to do with lowering the upper wing loading, to enable faster, higher G turns, given it is a racing aircraft? A wild guess, but I need to have a logical explanation or my brain starts to hurt!

Terry

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

How can I not refer to this as yet another beauty, despite having to convince myself it's been made the wrong way up!

I figure it must be something to do with lowering the upper wing loading, to enable faster, higher G turns, given it is a racing aircraft? A wild guess, but I need to have a logical explanation or my brain starts to hurt!

Terry

Thanks, Terry!

The fact that the racer was obtained by further clipping an existing already reduced wing area version -the "Ridotto"- was no doubt a serious gamble.

Surely drag was reduced and manoeuvrability improved, but at the probable cost of pilots having to use nappies.

• Haha 1