Issue with my Iwata RevolutionTR-1

Smudge

I'm having a few issues with my Iwata Revolution TR-1.

The most frustrating/annoying is that paint seems to run back through from the nozzle and out of the trigger mechanism, running down the handle and my hand. 

Am I doing something wrong (tipping it up) or is there something wrong with it, i.e. a washer missing etc. Or is this normal?

It's not a cheap thing, so I wouldn't really expect to be getting in such a mess. And of course it then takes ages to clean it all up, having to practically dismantle it to get all the paint out  :weep: 

Help.

Thanks again guys. New o ring seals duly ordered from little-cars (whom I bought the TR-1 from at Southern Expo a good few years ago).

On 30/11/2020 at 20:11, Dads203 said:

Dead easy mate, 5 min job- I took mine apart for a deep clean last week and checked the seal. Pop a bit of lube on the new seal when you fit it.

I managed to take a bit longer myself. I have an extra 'pistol grip' handle on mine, and it was covering the little screw on the underside which holds the large brass Body Ring in place. Once I'd worked that out it was all fairly straightforward.

@Dads203 what would you recommend as a lube? 

Cheers. 

9 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Thanks again guys. New o ring seals duly ordered from little-cars (whom I bought the TR-1 from at Southern Expo a good few years ago).

I managed to take a bit longer myself. I have an extra 'pistol grip' handle on mine, and it was covering the little screw on the underside which holds the large brass Body Ring in place. Once I'd worked that out it was all fairly straightforward.

@Dads203 what would you recommend as a lube? 

Cheers. 

Get some of the new formula Iwata Superlube, the clear version - it’s much better than the older blue stuff that they supplied with the brush. It helps keep the seals in shape plus reduces tip dry which is always good, I always swipe a thin layer across the needle before inserting it back into the body as well, not too much though just a very thin film of the stuff. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Smudge said:

Thank very much. I'll get some and do a proper job. 

Looking forward to not getting in such a mess  :)

Cheers.

It’s a bloody brilliant brush and well worth looking after, it’s my main go to airbrush and after 12 years of use I’ve only had to replace those seals once so not bad going really.
I do however find it a real challenge going back to a traditional trigger set up now which is the only setback with the TR-1. I’m like a complete newbie with my other brushes :frantic:

• Like 1

I have to admit that despite owning it for some time I'm still not that great with it. Hopefully when I get it fixed up I can use it a bit more and get to grips with it.

Thanks for all your help.

• Like 1