220 CM 170 Fouga Magister

John

Several years ago I was able to get a copy of this set of kits:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/heller-80399-patrouille-france--167958

It's a lovely set, with metallic gold and silver on the large decal sheet. However, in typical Heller fashion, some of the other colours are out of register 🙄

I've still got the Magister sealed in its bag, and this seems as good a time as any to disinter it. No box shot as the box is long gone. I have the Max Decals sheet for the Magister and it has some funky options.

More soon.

John

• Like 1

I'll have to think about DayGlo, it's not something I've had a lot of luck with over the years. 

The last Magister I built was the Airfix kit for a GB on here and that was an overall aluminium Luftwafffe example, so maybe a bit more colourful this time. 

The first 1/72 Magister I built was a Heller example finished with Irish markings from the legendary Scale Aircraft Modelling sheet. 

John 

• Like 1

Time to throw some paint at the model. Most of the interior is Humbrol 33 Mat Black with Revell 17 Africa Brown for the wheel wells:

FMag3

As far as I can tell Magisters have black cockpits with brown seats, Humbrol 33 and 29 in this case:

FMag2

John

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @John

We have been given an additional 2 weeks for this GB to allow all of us with part started builds a chance to complete them. 

Have you made any progress with your Magister since we last heard from you ?

Cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes!

Hopefully...

It's been incredibly busy since I got back to work after the Christmas break but the plan is still to get all 3 of my entries finished. There is some progress but it's slow at the moment. 

J

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks, I haven't had the chance to do any modelling at all over the last month or so except for the occasional bit of distracted fettling while sitting at my computer desk doing other things. Unfortunate but sadly unavoidable. 

The models are boxed up and will be finished at some point but it won't be soon. 

John 

• Sad 2