Marcel Bloch MB 131. CIB Toulouse, France 1940, Mach 2, 1/72

JWM

Hi,

Marcel Bloch's bombers are well know due to their ugly shapes, although the smallest  and most modern of them - the MB 131 is not that much ugly for me. Despite it relatively short time in service during 1940 campaign in France mostly they served already in trainer role.  This particular machine c/n serial: N12 ( code: E-232) served in Toulouse, France, in  CIB (Centre d'Instruction au Bombardement = Bomber Training Center). The painting scheme was presented by by T.L. Morosanu (TLM) here

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/860/pics/21_3_b1.jpg

I was following this scheme using Mach 2 kit. Small changes in kit were applied:

1. small corrcion in shapes of rear of fuselage (the very end of fuselage is now wider then fin, the same bulge is now on rudder)

2. propellers are taken from Heller Leo 451 (Heller kit has too small diameter for Leo, but it is OK for Bloch, whereas the Mach 2 props has same pitch, and should have opposite one to another, looking from pilot position the left goes clockwise, right anticlockwise) . Props are rotating

3. the Pitot probes has some distance from front canopy.

4. the bombardier window should have reinforcements so it is cut out and substituted by a piece cut out of side of CD box 

5. small inlets are added on top ends of cowlings. The bottom ones are left short (in practice behind the cowlings). The longer bottom inlets (as long as whole cowling) seen for example in many drawing (inc. the mentioned above scheme given by TLM) appears only on photos from Vichy period, I have not seen it on any photo from 1940 or earlier, so I left the short inlets. It looks for me a kind of in filed later modification. 

6. added control rods on ailerons (bottom side)

Here she is:

50660020343_e7eb7ac58e_b.jpg

50660844617_18cd55e12e_b.jpg

50660844882_d0dfe41dc9_b.jpg

50660845117_234c7422cd_b.jpg

50660021658_f324536caa_b.jpg

50660021858_450a173cf3_b.jpg

50660846022_b6cd37454f_b.jpg

Comments welcome

Regards 

Jerzy-Wojtek

PS. It is  # 20 this year!

• Like 19

30 minutes ago, VG 33 said:

Hi Jerzy

I love this one and I know that every Mach2 kit is a great challenge.

Patrick

Hi Patrick, 

Thank you! Indeed, there is a problem with all Mach 2 models. But they are doing so unique machines. I have found that simply first of all you have to sand for a short moment  all wings and fuselage parts with fine sanding paper (wet). It is for all parts but especially for clear parts, which I treat with papers from 600 up to 2000  and then polish it a while with cotton cloth, finally cover from both sides with gloss varnish.  Still I have four more Mach 2 kits in stash (Amiot 351, Junkers 352, Arado 232 and Blohm Voss Ha 139). That is only four because I am doing only 1935-45 machines. Recently I am tempted to buy another Amiot to do Amiot 370 by scratch conversion.  I think I will follow this temptation...So far I resisted but I became weaker and weaker in resist... ;)

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 6:29 PM, swralph said:

Nice one.😀

Thank you! :)

21 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice, Jerzy :)

Martin, many thanks! :)

21 hours ago, Angell328 said:

Wow you have nailed that tri colour camo, must have taken you a while.

Looks lovely.

Thank you, it was nit that bad, not like  some Italian patches...

11 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Very very nice work that camo looks great well done on a rarely seen aircraft

thanks for sharing

Many thanks, appreciated! :)

5 hours ago, Homer said:

👏Congratulations on producing a fine model.

Many thanks also! 

The Mach 2 models have opinion challenging kits and they are in some way...

Best regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

Superb build of another twin engined Bloch, which I had never heard of! Almost looks like other aircraft of that era that started off with a commercial function, mail/passengers, definitely not ugly.

Also nice to see the paint job that looks quite accurate. I found the colour match of that green a bit of a minefield! Now to build the 174 to put alongside.

Martin

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Superb build of another twin engined Bloch, which I had never heard of! Almost looks like other aircraft of that era that started off with a commercial function, mail/passengers, definitely not ugly.

Also nice to see the paint job that looks quite accurate. I found the colour match of that green a bit of a minefield! Now to build the 174 to put alongside.

Martin

Thank you!  The 174 stands nearby already since years :)

35675302930_c3ee0dcbec_b.jpg

35675305320_4a6a3ffdc3_b.jpg

Regards

J-W

• Like 1