Panther Ausf A Late.

Stef N.

Aye, it's a great new colour from Tamiya. I remember  reading on another forum some problems with the other new camo colours but I haven't tried them yet to comment.

I found it on Missing Lynx and it was the brown camo. It was really off and nearer to a khaki but it looks like it could have just been a bad batch.

Edited by Stef N.
Extra info.
  • Like 1

Last one before Christmas. Turret all done and waiting for paint. No problems except one latch/hinge on the back hatch which was a bit fiddly and ended up getting thrown across the room. Not sure where it ended up but it wouldn't get seen,so no worries. Atak give you a nice resin zimmed cupola. Don't forget it like I did. Luckily it wasn't on all of them so I got away with that.

p?i=8a7bc9f0090016f917ef7dfb73693cf8

p?i=4aa21001bfb13937d2aa7ab77f346772

Anyway, Happy Christmas to you all. A big thanks for the inspiration, support, advice and a good laugh.👏

Cheers all.👍

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Stef N. said:

I found it on Missing Lynx and it was the brown camo. It was really off and nearer to a khaki but it looks like it could have just been a bad batch.

I found that their new brown XF90 was very greenish/khaki, so I now use XF79 linoleum brown, much nicer colour. :winkgrin:

• Thanks 1

Used my time to get the camo painted. Not overly happy with it at the moment, I was a bit heavy handed, but hopefully the weathering process will calm down the harshness. I used Tamiya flat brown, which looked ok at first but got a bit too loud the more went on. A light misting of a dusty colour calmed it down a bit and blended both colours in a bit. Still a bit to go but I have a whole week now to get the rest finished.

p?i=f525e38ff77d09a4f1a18013b5d606b6

p?i=cb9d6d07b49ec4398552f1c88ba07650

p?i=4606bcab8bbd171d717a0f4949abb956

Cheers all.

• Like 8

Great paintwork, really like that, think the freehand pattern has come out really well.

Don't think it needs it but if you wanted to a very heavily thinned over spray of Tamiya buff or the original dunklegelb ties everything together.  Alternatively, I now quite like the filter for three tone camo I used on mine, again its subtle but tied everything together. Obviously do this prior to washes and weathering. 

Again as I said earlier,  I think its come out really well. 

Once weathered it'll look darker too.

• Thanks 1

Cheers guys. As you say once I get the weathering down, and all the tools etc. on, it should pull it all together. I'll put another light misting on and then a good gloss coat today and start with the dirtying up process by tomorrow.👍

Great camo'........another pattern consideration for my Kursk Panther......looks really nice.....:yes:...I wouldn't worry about the brightness of the colour, as in reality these camo schemes were, and I now pump up colours and brightness which reduces by 50% sometimes with layers of weathering......keep ploughing on....

Nice job

Simon,

• Thanks 1

Nearly there. Tools and bits painted and waiting to be attached. Exhausts need a paint. Wheels and tracks waiting to be attached. The main body got a filter/wash of oils and although a bit dark at the moment will be getting a satin coat and a bit of touching up to lighten it. Need to fettle the gun barrel as it doesn't quite sit right in the resin front piece. A final weathering once everything is together and I will get some photos up by the weekend. Cheers.👍

p?i=f9b636b6a839f29b591524c75c7d6c57

• Like 9

Got 99% finished. Just a bit of dirt and dust to finish in the morning and then some proper photographs, hopefully. Great kit with no major problems other than a bit of fettling and tweaking. They give you a turret ring to secure the two pieces together but it fits neither the turret nor the body so it got "put away". The last thing I went to attach was the jack but it was such a tight fit that it pulled the exhausts out of shape so it didn't get used. Fitting the cables was a bit of a pain and, in hindsight, I should have done them at an earlier stage but I thought putting them on at the end would get a better result, paint wise. Anyway here is a booty shot. Will post up the final results tomorrow.

p?i=3613d89f5ba2270ddd4f71021ab2e663

• Like 6

Thanks Darryl.👍 (Echelon decals, great product and you get your money's worth.)

Thanks Dennis for hosting the groupbuild. It has been good fun and a great experience. First time I have ever done something like this and it was well worth it.👍

And thanks to all for viewing, joining in, commenting and giving me some brilliant tips and advice. My model making has taken a big stride forward with these two projects and I have a lot more knowledge and confidence that I can take into future projects.👍

Cheers and hopefully a great 2021 for all of us. Stef.👏

• Like 1